Average speed on the a9 Dunblane to Inverness

I’ve been given a new run to Inverness and while i stick to 50 mph due to the average speed cameras, I seem to have other trucks, probably the local lads, desparate to go past me so I pull in and let them past. Now I reckon they are flat out on the limiters, all the way.
Can any local lads on here tell me. Are you flat out all the way and getting off with it all the way up the A9 Dunblane to Inverness ?
Cheers

Noticed that myself when I’ve been up there , let em crack on I’m payed by the hour so I dont worry bout it really :wink:

I sit at 56 on the dual from Dunblane to Perth and 55 all the way from Perth to Inverness and have done since they put the cameras up , I still get some scotch lads sat up my arse wanting to get past so I,m not sure what they are actually set at but I know its more than 55 mph

I sit at 56 between Dunblane and Perth every time And I’m up and down each day. I’ve never had any issues. I’ve not ventured north of Perth in a long time so I can’t comment on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up there regularly and always sit at 56 through the average speed zones.

The cameras cannot differentiate the type of vehicle. It purely logs your reg plate and logs it again at the next camera and as the two are at set known distances it measures the time it’s taken and then gives an average speed. If the reg plate is over the average speed by 10% then it’s flag up an alarm on the computer and the NIP and name of driver form are sent out, plus a PNC check on the reg plate to identify the vehicle.

That said, sitting at 56 will give no defence if the unmarked police car is out or the numerous marked ones I’ve seen. That said, earlier this year I was sat at 56 down the A71 towards Troon and was overtaken by a marked police car that had been following me for a good 10 minutes. The speed limit for an arctic on the A71 is 40mph. He never stopped me, just drove past and cruised off.

Not be long till the average speed cameras on the A90 between Dundee and Stonehaven go live. They’re not hanging around installing them. Most of the gatso camera are gone now too.

On the limiter as said the cameras can’t tell if you’re a car or a truck. That being said there is always camera vans and marked/unmarked police operating.

I get paid by the hour so its 50mph for me.

If you’re limited to 56 – like most of the lorries – just go for it.

At 56 you’re fine and the cameras won’t touch you. The only time you need to watch your speed is when you’re on the descent from Drumochter/Slochd/Daviot when, if you’re not careful, you can get up to silly speed without realising it.

… and enjoy the scenery! :smiley:

since the increase has anyone been prosecuted anywhere for exceeding 50 on a nsl road (apart from scotland) ?

If the cameras are too dumb to suss out what’s a truck and what’s not then how does the lane 2 enforcement work on the A1 road works at Scotch Corner? Is it different cameras that check or does the average speed cameras submit all reg numbers to an ANPR database? If it can be done at Scotch Corner then I’m sure it can be done on the A9. I will just stick to 50 seeing as that’s the law.

I aint a goody goody never do wrong by any stretch of the imagination, so let’s get that out of the way first.
However I do try and keep to speed limits if I can as I can’t see any point in just speeding for the sake of it, and I am quite fond of my licence thanks.

It amazes me how some just tear arse on, to either react to being pushed by their boss cos they haven’t the balls to stand up to them, or simply just to make their bosses happy and/or richer :unamused: , …especially as we sure as hell know that most of these firms will not back them up if it goes ■■■■ up.

It’s only a year ago that these guys were bellyaching about the 40 mph limit ffs. :unamused: ,it seems now that 50 is not fast enough for them either…

So when I’m up there it’s 50, I’m on hourly pay and have no shares in my co. nor am I an owner driver.
If it does not get there in time, at least next time they will plan me properly. :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

I will gladly pull into a lay by to let these heroes carry on their way, being stressed on their way to their first heart attack …unless they agressively sit on my trailer doors edging in and out, Then they can go and ■■■■ themselves, and sit behind me.
And if that offends anybody I couldn’t give a ■■■■.

I oftenovertake cars on the duelled bits of the A9 ,the drivers seem to think that the average speed cameras are out to get them too.

78kph all the way for me. I’m paid by the hour and can get up to inverness and back in my shift time so no point going over the limits.

Well unfortunately i cant so i need to tramp on a bit :smiley:

alamcculloch:
I oftenovertake cars on the duelled bits of the A9 ,the drivers seem to think that the average speed cameras are out to get them too.

Them dualled bits are the only secctions that you can put yer foot down now …