Average Speed Checks

zebadee:
BTW I was going south on A1 very early yesterday morning and they actually had traffic lights stopping traffic on the main carriageway at the temporary roadworks resurfacing the road near Leeming. Not sure if that was realy necessary!

probably not, but apparantly its the law, even for a 1’ square hole. :unamused: :open_mouth:

eccleshall driver:
do the average speed cams on the a14 work??
i was doing 50 last thursday and only me and a morrisions were doing the 50… others were going on the limit. :unamused:

never known any hgv’s getting a ticket on a14 cambs stretch,my sat-nav tells me they are set at 70mph,so i’ve always sailed through 52/54mph,never a problem.

M42 j3 o 7 work Northbound went off last night for 2 HGV’s

andy bilton:
my sat-nav tells me they are set at 70mph,so i’ve always sailed through 52/54mph,never a problem.

But, as i’ve mentioned before last time we did a SPECS thread, & no one seems to know: are they linked to the DVLA vehicle database which would then, by the recorded weight of the vehicle, know that the limit for that vehicle is lower?

AFAIK it just generates a notice saying reg AB01 CDE doing 70mph limit 50mph and then the plods look up who its registered to to send the ticket.

The ticket is generated automatically. They certainly don’t pay plods to sit at a desk looking up recorded keeper details!

tasty:
M42 j3 o 7 work Northbound went off last night for 2 HGV’s

Got to watch them.I think after months and months of cone throwing they have started to get the system working as it should.