Average speed camera's in r/works on motorways

BradCarTransporter:

jimti:
Are you one of those drivers who slow down as you pass normal speed cameras?
If so be warned there is a new camera coming out in a town near you soon that records your speed as you approach, then takes your picture as you pass.

How can they prove your speed ? surely you could blame a car in another lane or something like that.

I would say by keeping the radar trace to prove that the vehicle in the picture is the one throughout the trace?
I am sure they will have worked that one out before it comes active.

What gets me is I thought this government were on about getting rid of the speed cameras…Why would I ever believe a politician. :unamused: :question:

Glad i’ve seen this, the M1 works was relativly clear this morning heading south and stayed on the limiter, was a nice ride through but then was like oh ■■■ the specs…

Don’t get to go through very quick with the congestion / middle lane owners club out in force :unamused:

Deleted main reply

What possible harm is it going to do to the days work of a lorry driver if he runs through speed restricted areas at the designated speed, this would stop some of the smaller vehicles flying through, which they do & may well save someones life in the process.

BB

Basilbrush:
How about giving a little consideration as to why roadworks have speed controls or sometimes even convoy vehicles taking traffic through under ■■■■■■, it’s there to make sure those working within the job & delivery vehicles trying to enter & leave the sites can do so safely. It’s nice to believe that at least lorries coming through are going to be respecting the site speed but I’m not so sure now.

Believe me, trying to get out of some jobs back into live traffic is a nightmare, how the gangs working there put up with the constant traffic noise is bad enough without the drivers who dismiss the safety of these people by disregarding the speed limit.

I’ve been on several sites over the years & before serious restrictions were used, I’ve seen vehicles plough into machinery on site. One was a car & caravan come backwards through a central reservation hedge & hit the roller which was at the machine end of the mat. This car & caravan had been hit up the rear by an army lorry & had it come through the hedge a few seconds earlier or later, the roller would have been gone & the screwman could well have been hit. Current day jobs with speed/traffic flow control are still a bit hairy sometimes, I’ve been glad to be beihnd the concrete barrier more than once.

What possible harm is it going to do to the days work of a lorry driver if he runs through speed restricted areas at the designated speed, this would stop some of the smaller vehicles flying through, which they do & may well save someones life in the process.

BB

At the limit or a couple of miles over it isn’t really going to make much difference safety wise is it? 50 or 52 it’s going be the same result if it goes wrong.

Coffeeholic:

Basilbrush:

At the limit or a couple of miles over it isn’t really going to make much difference safety wise is it? 50 or 52 it’s going be the same result if it goes wrong.

I’ll delete the bulk of my reply & leave what you’ve highlighted but I don’t agree with you. I’ll leave it at that.

BB

Basilbrush:

Coffeeholic:

Basilbrush:

I’ll delete my reply & perhaps you’ll delete this but I don’t agree with you.

BB

I agree with him, they are always banging on about doing 40mph in a 30mph there is an 80% chance the person will die so 50mph+ will be instant death to a pedestrian so whats the difference between 50 and 56?

OK then, I’ll shut up.
BB

bubsy06:
I agree with him, they are always banging on about doing 40mph in a 30mph there is an 80% chance the person will die so 50mph+ will be instant death to a pedestrian so whats the difference between 50 and 56?

that 6 mile a hour could be the difference between hitting him and not hitting him

Its hard to go flat out when the cars are creating a 40-45mph roadblock, they just will not move over, and when they do they must keep in front of the lorry at all costs, putting their foot down til they realise they’re speeding so slow right back down to 40mph :unamused:

And don’t forget the road captains who see you coming, pull out in front of you and slam on their brakes, because you dared to go faster than them :angry:

bubsy06:

Basilbrush:

Coffeeholic:

Basilbrush:

I’ll delete my reply & perhaps you’ll delete this but I don’t agree with you.

BB

Completely off topic with this, but is there any chance you can change your avatar ? Any thread you post in takes a while to load for me :frowning: and you seem to post on the majority of threads.

ebabes:
BB

[/quote]
that 6 mile a hour could be the difference between hitting him and not hitting him
[/quote]
so could forgetting to brush your teeth in the morning make the difference between hitting him and not hitting him :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What difference would a users Avatar make to the loading of a thread?

BB

It makes my screen freeze for a while

If you go to

user control panel (top left) → Board preferences → edit display options

you can switch them off, or just switch flash ones off.

Driveroneuk:
If you go to

user control panel (top left) → Board preferences → edit display options

you can switch them off, or just switch flash ones off.

Great, thanks for that

I happen to know the traffic officer in charge of the cameras on the M1 at luton. At the begining of october there were STILL no discs installed to record speeding motorists,but,the limit they set them too is 50mph + 10% + 2mph.Now,as i havent seen him for a few weeks,please dont go hooning through them at 120 then come 2 me saying “you said this that & the other” :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Personally I stick to the limit. I’m in no rush.