Average Earnings?

In an effort to find out just how much my company has fallen behind as far as pay is concerned, what is the normal pay for container drivers… :question: :question:

not great i would guess

I think they get paid about £480 including everything, gross round this way.

It seems as though I am in for an up hill struggle with my outfit… :cry: :cry:

Would that be BOW***
I was always under the impression they paid well .From years ago anyway .

Dhl at Seaforth were recruiting recently…£385 for 53.75 hrs.Not a lot really is it.

paul@midway:
Would that be BOW***
I was always under the impression they paid well .From years ago anyway .

Its not Bow its Pent now…
We have fallen well behind as far as the pay is concerned… :cry: :cry:

oconnors pay £7.80 odd phr. Ot after 60 hrs. They also do tesco store deliveries now as well.their ot is a tenner. Ours pay £7.80 odd for 45hrs,£8 for next 5hrs.£10 for next 10 and a free pair of pyjamas!

I went for an interview with Pent** lastyear and pay was roughly £450 on nights £415 on days, they reduced that? Didn’t seem too bad to me, didn’t take the job for other reasons though.

There are a couple of companies that I do agency work for round here that pay thier regular drivers £10.50 per hour, and thats for class 2.

Thanks for all the replies guy’s, I think I might be better looking for another job… :angry:

roadrebel:
There are a couple of companies that I do agency work for round here that pay thier regular drivers £10.50 per hour, and thats for class 2.

Get into your profile mate and put your location. We don’t know where you are. I’ll guess Warwickshire or Northamptonshire though !!

Kiowan:
I went for an interview with Pent** lastyear and pay was roughly £450 on nights £415 on days, they reduced that? Didn’t seem too bad to me, didn’t take the job for other reasons though.

Some one has been telling you lies… :angry: :angry: :sunglasses:

Wobble:
Dhl at Seaforth were recruiting recently…£385 for 53.75 hrs.Not a lot really is it.

I get that for half those hours…

Wobble:

I’m pretty shure that DHL deduct a break as well. O’Connors or ours do not deduct abreak, we are paid start to finish. And, if they deduct breaks you can probably guess that DHL do not move anywhere near the amount of containers per day as we do or O’Connors do !! Bean counters at work !!!

Wobble:

chuff me
do class one drivers REALLY work for that
sorry but after paying close to 2 grand for a license i wouldnt even consider that sort of wage no wonder this game is going to the dogs

I average for a reasonable week about £450 roughly 65hrs 3/4 nights out.Most container firms pay roughly the same think most average £430-£450 take home,but as things a reall y quiet at the moment and your hourly paid,you aint gonna be raking in the money.
Heard Bowmurs paid ■■■■ and always have done so.
Pentalvers in Southampton pay ok,thats why they’re so hard to get on. :wink:

What are Bow/Pent… whatever using the yard at the crossroads on the A5 nr Brownhills for? I heard a rumour that they had split the company into two - the one on the Orbital as Pentalever the one on the A5 as a smaller Bowmur’s.

Bowmur was taken over by Pentalver, lock stock and new yard just off the orbital in Cannock. There is still a smaller yard at Brownhills used only for parking…
Does anyone know what Pentalvers in Southampton are on… :question: :question: :question:

Im gonna throw a spanner in the works here, i worked 60 hours last week mon to fri,and i cleared 437. before tax was just of 600.