Aveley to Diss

Not looking for route info, delivering Aveley this afternoon and Diss in the morning. Just wanted to know of any truck stops / cafes going up there. Going A13/A12/A140. Is Orwell still going?

pierrot 14:
Not looking for route info, delivering Aveley this afternoon and Diss in the morning. Just wanted to know of any truck stops / cafes going up there. Going A13/A12/A140. Is Orwell still going?

Orwell is still going.But the food is expensive and nowhere near as good as it used to be.Can park on beacon hill services for free.A14/a140 jnct.Got a burger king there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks Vader

Although in the middle of nowhere, there is an “off street” layby at Mendlesham.

If the weather clears, sunset/sunrise from there can be wonderful.

I think there is a loo in the layby.

pierrot 14:

Never been to Orwell but there’s parking for trucks in the Tesco at Copdock Mill junction (A14/A12 south) and there’s fuel, several food outlets and of course a Tesco.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Parking in a supermarket for trucks? In the UK?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
Parking in a supermarket for trucks? In the UK?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yep. It was a motorway-style service station (a Welcome Break) until the early 90s (Toys R Us is where the old service station used to be) but the truck parking still remains.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Got to get into tesco copdock early though…Not many spaces.And the ee drivers use it alot.Forgot about the layby at Mendlesham.No toilet though.As it belongs to the butty van.So locked up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You can park outside Roy Humphreys at Eye on the A140, but I believe they charge for it and I’m not sure what facilities you get for your money.

Alternatively, you could always pop into Diss Tesco or Dat Sainsburys, and get a sandwich… :stuck_out_tongue:

Winseer:
Alternatively, you could always pop into Diss Tesco or Dat Sainsburys, and get a sandwich… :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: Very good Winseer !!

Ta for all the replays

Just to let you know, actually managed to get a spot in the services junction of the A14/A140