On every other forum that I am on I have no problem posting an avatar, why is this site different… :question: :question: :question: :question:

I have tried to insert an avatar several times without success.It appears to me that when I downsize my pic,it will not go small enough,not down to 80 x 80.
I have no trouble at all posting pics,in fact I’ve assisted several BB members who found it dificult to post pics,but this avatar business has delayed me,but not beaten me!

I have sized avatars to the exact size required and less, this is the only site on which I have a problem, bloody annoying… :imp:

Just tried summat else,no joy.Oh well,back to the drawing board.
You are correct,this is the only BB I have this problem on also!

i used this site picresize.com/

SUCCESS!!!
This is still using photobucket.

ignor

bubsy06:
did you use that site?

No,still on photobucket.

soz gotta get glasses didnt see that you had already got the avatar the right size

soz gotta get glasses didnt see that you had already got the avatar the right size

The size is not the problem, there must be some other reason… :imp:

Smee:
The size is not the problem, there must be some other reason… :imp:

The width ?

Using “Photobucket” resize,I altered the height to 80 and the width defaulted to 67,so I used that.Once you have resized,go back to your galery and click onto:“Direct link”.This will show briefly as “copied”.Go back to your “Profile” on Trucknet and click onto:“Upload avatar”,Press “Conrol” and “V” to paste,then click onto “Submit”.
This is what I did anyway.

If you are trying to upload an avatar from your machine or from a URL it doesn’t work, at least not very often. Use the third option Link to off-site Avatar and it will work fine. Size isn’t such an issue when using this option, it can be bigger than 80x80, but too big and it is likely to be removed as it screws up the page layout.

Well,whatever I did seems to work OK and I’m happy with the result.There is more than one way off skinning a cat,and on a couple of BB’s I’m on,some experts have instructed members how to post pics using some very complicated methods,like typing in before and after the subject,when it’s quite possible to post pics by just clicking the right boxes without having to type in anything.
Whatever you feel most comfortable with.