autoroute

Does anyone out there know if Autoroute has brought out a copy with the low bridges on ? heard a rumour there was or going to be, but haven’t found out any more.

I have Autoroute 2005 on my 'puter,and there aren’t any low bridges on it.

I personally think Autoroute is not as good as,say,Multimap,but that’s my opinion.As a former rally navigator,I use Multimap on the 1.25:000 scale,which is their equivalent to OS scale 1.50:000,so I can plot a reference to within 100 metres.

Ken.

PS.Welcome to the BEST truck site on’t web Pip.

i run 2005 version, which does the job but i’ll check that other one out . does it do europe ?

Multimap covers the world.

As for Autoroute,we have it at work,but again,I prefer to use Multimap.

Ken.

multimap.com/

thanks for that. As for the office ■■■■■ bit… never again, did 3 years, back on the road for me, less hassle !

I’m the opposite.After ■■ years on the road,it’s nice to know I’ll be going home at the end of the day,and after only 8 hours. :smiley: :smiley:

However,this is only temporary until after Crimbo,and then I’m back on the road until possibly March,and then maybe a full time office post beckons.

Ken.

anyone heard of truckers atlas■■? loads a bridges in there pretty pictures too… even a ring bound version now… :laughing:

rocknrollrebel:
anyone heard of truckers atlas■■? loads a bridges in there pretty pictures too… even a ring bound version now… :laughing:

lol fall to bits toooooo :smiley: :laughing: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing:

Quinny:
I personally think Autoroute is not as good as,say,Multimap

Aye, but Multimap is a website and Autoroute is an application, so if you have a laptop with Autoroute installed then you can use in your truck without needing to somehow get yourself connected to the Internet. Handy if you get properly lost - all you have to find is a street name and you can find out where you are.

Paul

from what i remember i think the rac version of autoroute has low bridges but the coverage & routiing is pretty crap so id stick to the truckers atlas the digital data is there but noone will make use of as YET!!!.!!!

I started to enter all the bridges manually from the AA truckers atlas whilst parked up at night. By the time I got to page 5 you could not see the UK anymore in the southeast because of this blob of bridges. At that point I gave up. When converting from Autoroute 2004 to Autoroute 2005 it also very kindly updated all the data with an address from a german truckstop I had entered. I can no longer remove this data…sigh…If anyone shows any interest I will post the template on the forum. It has quite a few truckstops in UK/Europe that I have entered.

Dickie

ossie, if its autohofs you need , i bought a german map, done by esso, in a service station over there that lists all the autohofs inside the front cover. Came in very useful while i was over there, even if they wasn’t pinpointed on the main map, it put you in the right area

pip:
ossie, if its autohofs you need , i bought a german map, done by esso,

Thank but most of the GERMAN Service Areas do a free Autohof booklet.

I also add them to Autoroute as I find them for the rest of Europe.

Cheers…

ossie you need to enter the gps cordinates in an excel spreedsheet and then use another program to overlay it on to the autoroute map

I thought that there was a link to a home made plug-in ( by a TN member) somewhere on the site. I had a look last night but I’m blowed if I can find it.