Autoroute

I’ve been on TNT travelmaster site and seen that it can take 25 multiple destinations and put them in best route order for you.
Just wondering how many Autoroute can do and does it put it in best route order also.

Cheers

it’s called “optimize stops” on Autoroute , not sure how many or even if there’s limit !!

(I’m still using Autoroute 2003 :blush: )

Cheers for that probably buy autoroute then this week. Been looking at cheep laptops out of loot to take to work with me but wondering if those little hand held computers take autoroute as well, as would be more practical for me than lugging around a laptop.

Cheers

Just remember that Autoroute doesn’t know about low bridges or weight limits!

Paul

Jaycool007:
Cheers for that probably buy autoroute then this week.

Autoroute 2006 due out on October 18th 2005. Mapping will be more up to date.

Ossie

Denis F:
it’s called “optimize stops” on Autoroute , not sure how many or even if there’s limit !!

(I’m still using Autoroute 2003 :blush: )

Didn’t know there was one, I’m still on 2000, and it’s brilliant :slight_smile: , mind you I don’t trust it for routes, I force it to go my way. Then I check time and distance. It is great as an address finder, I printed off several really clear maps of addresses I am visiting this trip back to Blighty.

Sat Nav? What’s that? :confused:

Salut, David.

i just went down to Comet today and they was selling autoroute 2005 for £49 even though the new version is due out in few weeks :open_mouth: So i will wait a till then

£50 for AR2005 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :question: :question:

Microsofts preferred retailers are selling 2005 at less than that, and taking pre-orders for the 2006 version for £55 I think. I know Amazon are selling 2005 for about £30, which will be excluding p&p.

Have a look at www.gpspassion.com.
There are all sorts of useful tips and tweaks in their forums.( TruckNet UK even gets a mention :smiley: thanks to Ossie :unamused: ).

Cheers simon, interesting forum. Definatley gonna pay that bit extra and wait for 2006 version to come out now, looks great. Moving back down to London soon so gonna need it for multi dropping.

I stil use AR 2000 for finding twisty roads for my bike :stuck_out_tongue: I dont do Sat Nav, as I prefer maps.

I have a copy of AR 2005 or something for finding my way around the world, its good to find addresses in Africa or the USA

If you have or are using a pre 2004 version of Autoroute, keep it installed on your laptop. I think the 2003 version was the last one before MS changed their mapping policy. As a result of the change, mapping for Ireland and what was Eastern Europe became very poor.
Something to do with excessive cost was one reason I have heard. I’m no expert on MS Autoroute, as you can see, so don’t take my word for the details.