autoporto

i have just spent an enjoyable weekend NOT at the truckstop nr rivoli just west of turin.do not go there as you will be bored to tears.there are no showers the petrol station has no food of any type for sale.the hotel has a snack bar but is expensive and the toilets are the stand up ones if you know what i mean.there is nowhere in walking distance.YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD :cry: :cry:

Wasnt Autoporto da Suza open, less than an hour from Turin
back towards the tunnel, Its a beautiful place with the mountains in the background and a couple of villages nearby.

came up from savona but will bear it in mind for next time.

cheers mate

you shouldve got a taxi into central turin neil, its only about 10km. ive been down the centre (on my birthday) and it was great. it is a bit grotty near the market and id advise you be careful but the rests fine. as malc said if you couldve managed the interporto at susa, the showers are spot on, the food was good the last time i went, and susa village isnt too far. plus its further up tha alps so cooler :laughing: the only downside is the main bit used to close at 12lunch on saturday :open_mouth:

you could also have gone to the cattle market at piorino.
some very nice restaraunts nearby and a cheap hotel for a room and shower if you wanted.
there is always somewhere to park off the motorway network, you only have to drive around for a short time to find somewhere or someone that can help.

the only good thing was that it was just round the corner from where i was loadin.

thats why i have added the new thread so we can all share the info on places to stop in europe

I spent a weekend a few weeks ago at Savona,there’s a Total station just through the peage at exit Savona Porto,plenty of parking,the showers and toilets were good but it’s best to walk into town for eating.There’s plenty of small restaurants along the seafront.

yes i know it i stopped there the fri night b4 going up to rivoli.
should have stayed in the services overlooking monaco at least i could have watched the race from above.