Automatic suspension for mobile use on cards

I’d do it different.
Sieze the vehcile, £500 fine and 6 points.

Plenty of good hands free kits on the market, so why jeopardise your licence having a mobile glued to your ear :exclamation:

DIPPER DAVE YOUR POST WAS GETTING TO ME, BUT YOUR LAST PARAGRAPH SORTED ME OUT, I THOUGHT YOU WERE A VICAR OR SOMETHING, THANK GOD YOUR A COWBOY JUST LIKE THE REST OF US :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: HEAD EM UP AND GIT EM OUT YIPPEE, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: WE SHOULD SHOW AN EXAMPLE, :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: EAT MY DUST SUCKERS MY PHONE IS GAFFER TAPED TO MY LUG AND STUFF EVERYBODY RANT RANT :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: I DIDNT MEAN IT OFFICER HONEST :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Dipper_Dave:

peterm:
Why only people doing it for a living. A car can cause just as much mayhem as a truck when it’s in the hands of a gormless [zb].

Suppose its a Professional vs Amateur thing, as when things go wrong in a big vehicle the consequences can be a little more severe.

As we are professionals we also have a duty / obligation to guard the safety of other road users, our job isnt just to get goods from A - B it is to set an example. Those that can’t set an example will have punishments forced upon them.

We are the elite on the roads (especially those who have completed their CPC) and should behave in a manner befitting that title.

We do this for long hours and in some cases very little pay, no thanks is needed - just knowing that our country can keep turning because of our efforts is reward enough.

Must dash as this seat is getting a little hot due to the sun shining out of my ■■■■■■… :slight_smile:

^ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good one DD :smiley:

I’d like to see every driver done for holding a phone to his ear while driving. I was following a lorry down the M5 recently and it was veering on and off the hard shoulder & kept slowing down. I thought the driver must be having a sleeper so I put my foot down and overtook him. When I got by his cab he had a pad open on the steering wheel & was writing something down while holding the phone to his ear. Come on, he could have killied someone had there been anything on that hard shoulder & all he had to do was pull off on J13 & use the Hard shoulder on the slip road or wait 10 minutes and pull into Michaelwood services to write his notes down. No excuse in my opinion but it’s not just the lorry drivers doing it.

I saw a van driver turning right on a local set of trafic lights, he had his phone to his right ear and it could be seen as plain as day. I tooted him up and gestured to his phoned and simply got the middle finger. What a donkey he was!

For some reason I keep seeing high value cars like Mercs or BMW’s with the drivers holding phones, if my old Mondeo can have hands free built in why can’t they? I carry an ear piece for use in any units which don’t have bluetooth, why can’t everyone else.

It’s too late after the accident has happened to wish the phone hadn’t been used, not even the perfect among us can turn the clock back and make the outcome different so don’t do it in the first place. That’s how I see it where phones are concerned but, I want to see the law treat EVERY driver the same not just point the big finger a lorry drivers.

BB

Rhythm Thief:
Good thing too, in my book. Any fines for mobile use on the move are basically a stupidity tax anyway, and a suspension from driving is only an extension of that. You can pick up a bluetooth headset for under twenty quid these days. Why anyone uses a hand held mobile while driving is beyond me.

So you dont look like a ■■■ with an electronic gadget ( oh look at me , aren’t i important with this device ) hanging out of your lug hole.Not you personally, just lorry drivers in general.

I’ve always thought these bluetooth things are just another excuse for lorry drivers to stick their heads even further up their own backsides, and make them feel like they are “Professionals”.

Before anyone preachers that this is the law, don’t bother if you smoke in the cab and expect other drivers to use the same unit because that is against the law too.

It doesn’t say anything about whether the phone is being used hands-free or not. We are all assuming that it will not apply to hands-free use, but it doesn’t say that…