Autofastfix recovery i was warned

Hi you may remember a while ago I posted about being offered a job doing recovery wrk , for a certain company with a depot on ransomes europark ips.
Well I was sent a pm by a member of this forum advising me to be very wary as the guy that runs it has been bust with other companys before and has a bad track record , well I thought id give him the benefit of the doubt , unfortunately it looks like ive been had.
I have found out on fri that the fuel cards have been stopped and the controller has not been paid for his last mnth wages nor have some of the drivers , I did not go into wrk and obviously will not anymore , my question is this , im going to see him tomorrow and ask him to pay me my 2 weeks I wrked , if he does not apart frm giving him a hiding which much as I would like 2 will only end up with me getting nicked 4 assault , is there any legal way I can get him to pay me that is fairly simple and cost free hopefully , I cant afford a solicitor …

ricardo62:
Hi you may remember a while ago I posted about being offered a job doing recovery wrk , for a certain company with a depot on ransomes europark ips.
Well I was sent a pm by a member of this forum advising me to be very wary as the guy that runs it has been bust with other companys before and has a bad track record , well I thought id give him the benefit of the doubt , unfortunately it looks like ive been had.
I have found out on fri that the fuel cards have been stopped and the controller has not been paid for his last mnth wages nor have some of the drivers , I did not go into wrk and obviously will not anymore , my question is this , im going to see him tomorrow and ask him to pay me my 2 weeks I wrked , if he does not apart frm giving him a hiding which much as I would like 2 will only end up with me getting nicked 4 assault , is there any legal way I can get him to pay me that is fairly simple and cost free hopefully , I cant afford a solicitor …

The small claims court, but if he has been made bankrupt in the past, a CCJ isn’t gonna worry him too much!

Thaks weeto I guess its a lesson learned but I will do whatever I can to get my money legally

as said small claims but get it in the bosses name not the company that way even if he goes pop your chasing him not the company so anything in his name can be grabbed by the sheriff or bailiffs …

ok thanks … I will see if he pays me tomorrow when I see him , at the mo he isn’t answering his phone ? if he continues to not answer it can I go ahead with making a claim ?

You will have to write to him first, if you were employed by the limited company (if it is a limited) then sending your claim to him personally will be pointless because he did not employ you. You have to give him the opportunity to pay, full advice on a small claim is available from the government website. From what you have said about this guy and his activities he sounds like a seasoned dodger, if he doesn’t freely pay you what he owes I think you will have trouble getting it, good luck anyway, there are lots of sites where you can get further advice if you get stuck.

i can’t remember what it’s called, or if it’s still about, but there was a government scheme that paid wages that are outstanding when a company goes bust. there are limits on how far back you can go and a cap of something like £350 - £380 a week.

i’ll have a google, but someone might know it before i can find anything.

have a read of this fella, the limit has gone up a bit over the years! £450 now

gov.uk/your-rights-if-your- … wed-to-you

Thanks everyone brill advice , but get this ive just spoken to the night controller who I know personally that still wrks 4 aforesaid company , and he hasn’t been paid for 2 mnths!!! and yet hes still wrking tonight , I basically asked why is he crazy ■■ and my advice for what its worth was for all the drivers to park up and refuse to wrk unless they get paid .
but they wont they carry on wrking ■■? is it me or are they total idiots ■■

ricardo62:
Thanks everyone brill advice , but get this ive just spoken to the night controller who I know personally that still wrks 4 aforesaid company , and he hasn’t been paid for 2 mnths!!! and yet hes still wrking tonight , I basically asked why is he crazy ■■ and my advice for what its worth was for all the drivers to park up and refuse to wrk unless they get paid .

actually im going to name and shame its alex George previously owned red rocket 2000

ricardo62:

ricardo62:

actually im going to name and shame its alex George previously owned red rocket 2000

the ex TT man , his twitter profile will make you laugh :laughing:

yes that’s the guy , shame I don’t have twitter but id like to see what you mean by make you laugh ?

were they busy with work?

well I was only there 2 weeks but they seemed rushed off there feet with wrk !! im not sure if hes actually going bust but hes just not paying wages and fuel cards were stopped whatever the case im not wrking 4 a company like that wondering if after a mnth I will get paid !!

who was the work subbed from ? lot of breakdown cover firms such as green flag pays little , so even if busy as hell theres not much money in it. had they their own workshop where some cars were taken too? thats how money is made

iomtt.com/TT-Database/compet … de_id=2766

the other drivers/controllers are carrying on at work, because if an administrator is appointed they have to pay employees first from any assets, and if they can’t raise enough to do this then the Govt will pay what’s owed. They will send you the paperwork you need to make a claim and help you complete it.

If you walked out you will be deemed to have dismissed yourself…and I don’t know if you will get paid for the weeks that you did work.

If you think a company is failing, then stick around if you are employed. If you are self-employed, it’s a different matter.

there wrk was from all diff companys aa ,mondial , call assist , green flag , etc and I thought it a bit wastefull that they had depots and wrkshops but they were basically empty during the day no one there just locked up everyone out on call , paying rent for offices and wrkshops that are basically not being used , yes they took a few cars back but just for storage after accidents , they didn’t seem to ever do any mechanical wrk on vehicles just took them to local garages ,well ok I may of made a mistake but im out of it 2 weeks is enuff , im not wrking any more to line his pocket unpaid …

personally i would grab some private jobs using his vehicle and when he demands his money i would say sorry this is what you owe me, i doubt very much he would take you to court,mind you thats providing you tell him about the private work

vehicles all fitted with trackers !he knows where and what the truck is doing . im not working for him anymore he stood me dwn on fri and he said he will ring me tues tomorrow 4 a chat , im hoping he does I dnt want to have 2 start chasing him dwn