Auto turn off/idle cut off

Our motors have an auto turn off device if the unit isn’t doing anything to save fuel, however when it’s really hot I wouldn’t mind having the air con on for a bit without having to rev the engine is there any way of tricking it to think you haven’t just left it running? We have telematics and tracking but it only registers your name when card is in cheers

NewLad:
Our motors have an auto turn off device if the unit isn’t doing anything to save fuel, however when it’s really hot I wouldn’t mind having the air con on for a bit without having to rev the engine is there any way of tricking it to think you haven’t just left it running? We have telematics and tracking but it only registers your name when card is in cheers

Tampering can end up with the sack.

just increase tick over using the cruise button,it only need a few. works on daf xf fine :wink:

put it on cruise control, give it a few extra revs, if its a Volvo it will come up with the engine idling message after a min or 2, give it a blip on the throttle and you will be sorted.

Stick it in neutral, handbrake on, Set your cruise on low revs. Bingo

Im not talking about messing with the internals of the truck just like if you leave it in drive or something like that just to fool it, cruise doesn’t work until over 15mph I think on a new Actros thanks anyway

Assuming it’s an artic here. I’ve been told that if you put the trailer brake on and leave the handbrake off in the cab the cut-off doesn’t work (at least in a Volvo)
HTH
ps, DON’T try this with a rigid :open_mouth:

PremiumTrucker:

Just tried this now think it might work looks like it has set the cruise speed at — if you press cruise off it takes the — away handy if it gets hot again, I’ll know in a min or two if it works as they go off after about 3 mins

NewLad:

PremiumTrucker:

Just tried this now think it might work looks like it has set the cruise speed at — if you press cruise off it takes the — away handy if it gets hot again, I’ll know in a min or two if it works as they go off after about 3 mins

Didn’t work, I Wouldn’t like to try and use the trailer brake on park brake off option, knowing my luck some ■■■■ would push the park brake in and away I go lol

Drop the red airline as well :wink:

NewLad:

NewLad:

PremiumTrucker:

Didn’t work, I Wouldn’t like to try and use the trailer brake on park brake off option, knowing my luck some [zb] would push the park brake in and away I go lol

Brick on the accelerator it is then ! :laughing:

Mind you, if they push the shunt button as well - you is also screwed…

The Sarge:

I thought I had seen this posted somewhere before but wasn’t sure will try that next time

NewLad:

The Sarge:

I thought I had seen this posted somewhere before but wasn’t sure will try that next time

I have no idea but I’m going to say that wont make a difference.
How fast did you have the rpm going when you put the cruise control on?