Auto to Manual Entitlement

In London I would have auto all time , but driving the likes of the A34 A35 A38 etc I would have a manual

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I think everyone without good reason SHOULD be able to drive a manual when needed, but beyond that I think it’s personal choice on what you prefer. But having said that, as I’ve never done bulkers or some other types of work, my opinion is limited…

I don’t think the others need to keep up, just catch up would be enough! :smiley:

And while you say you prefer a manual, you have just give an example of why I wouldn’t want one! :laughing:
My legs are currently the same size and I’ll keep it that way! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:
Well I think everyone without good reason SHOULD be able to drive a manual when needed, but beyond that I think it’s personal choice on what you prefer. But having said that, as I’ve never done bulkers or some other types of work, my opinion is limited…

I don’t think the others need to keep up, just catch up would be enough! :smiley:

And while you say you prefer a manual, you have just give an example of why I wouldn’t want one! :laughing:

So it’s only your right arm that’s bigger [emoji6]

Evil8Beezle:

It felt asif if you tried pushing the clutch with no air in the tanks, I could see why it was the spare truck :laughing:

blue estate:

Nope, I’ve a 6 speed manual car, so it evens out! :wink:

yt03:
It felt as if if you tried pushing the clutch with no air in the tanks, I could see why it was the spare truck :laughing:

There you go then, but there is no assurance that someone won’t have to drive it when push comes to shove, and generally they should be able to, and only prevented from doing so with a good reason, like a very bad left leg limp! :wink:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My firm only has 4 manual rigid’s 1 MAN 4 over 4 and 3 Iveco 6 speed
All the others are MAN 12speed auto s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evil8Beezle:

blue estate:

Nope, I’ve a 6 speed manual car, so it evens out! :wink:

yt03:
It felt as if if you tried pushing the clutch with no air in the tanks, I could see why it was the spare truck :laughing:

There you go then, but there is no assurance that someone won’t have to drive it when push comes to shove, and generally they should be able to, and only prevented from doing so with a good reason, like a very bad left leg limp! :wink:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Totally agree

Speaking of aching legs the old manual 3 speed building site dumpers were good for that the type you have to push right down for them to start! Leg didn’t half ache at the end of the day on some of them! The worse one I can remember was an Agency job too :laughing:

I did both my tests in autos cause that all they had at the time the manuals was all ready booked but after reading loads of people on ere saying people will struggle when they jump in a manual truck so I payed for a days training in a manual the week after I passed me test what a waste of money I dint find it any harder than driving a auto in fact I preferd it so I’m not on that side of the fence that u need to take a test in a manual cause I did that training day on a manual 4 over 4 easy to use then 2 days later did my first shift for some one that was a slap over box with in 5 mins of leaving the yard I new what I was doing but I hated that box 4 over 4 any day then a week later I did a shift with 4 over 4 with spliter and in 5 mins I new what I was doing with that so I don’t agree u need to do a test in a manual

I passed C in an auto and then drove a 4 over 4 manual 8 wheeler tipper, I did struggle a little but after a day it was fine.
I have to say my shoulder ached for a couple of days although I had dumped all the air out of the seat and was sitting very low down (being female I’m shorter than most drivers). I found a more comfortable seating position with the seat higher and the seat tilted forward and the aching reduced.

I had an assessment last Friday in a manual and one tomorrow in auto. My thoughts are I would rather test in an auto to save worrying about missing a gear and failing on something like that.

Interesting what you say about letting the air out the seat. I found I got on much better after as wasn’t bouncing around so much

Good luck.

Yes to start with I couldn’t get on with the bouncy seat and the daf cf I was driving had no button for reducing this but I found letting some air in and being a little higher gave a more comfortable drive and helped with getting across weighbridges lol :open_mouth:

Thanks.

I am with forum sponsor tomorrow So am sure it will be fine :slight_smile: