Auto steer.

Travelling south on the M6 @ Thelwall this morning, overtook a truck with the worrying sight of a driver with one hand holding a mob phone to his ear, clearly deeply involved in his conversation. A fairly normal sight these days, but the other hand was waving about as he was talking, emphasising the obviously important points he was making to the recipient on the other end.

Unless it was a video call, the gestures were superfluous, and was ■■■■ steering, or was the ■■■■ not steering ?

As his firms phone No was on cab door, the wife phoned to ask them to call him and ask him to keep at least one hand on the wheel.

Helmet on awaiting flak.

Probably in a tramline, I’ve managed a few miles no handed this way. :laughing: :smiling_imp:

I’m driving a demo at the moment with active cruise control and lane assist. You could actually drive it with your eyes closed.

Not that this has anything to do with the muppet above. I do have to steer mine from time to time.

No sticking up for him but “let him throw the first stone who has no sin”

nicely said midlifetrucker!! come on trucking turner GET A LIFE !! {■■■■■■■■■

maga:
Probably in a tramline, I’ve managed a few miles no handed this way. :laughing: :smiling_imp:

:laughing: yep, it gives me a couple of minutes to get some food out the fridge and prepare it ready for when the tramlines finish :wink:

I think people should be given an extra test if say, you want to drive with a phone to your ear or do 80MPH in an artic or drink coffee. If you can prove you can do it safely you should be allowed to. We could have a badge system explaining what we’re licenced to do, to avoid wasting time by being pulled for your extra entitlements. :smiley:

I`ve always said that truckers are intelligent, and very clever people, but dont tell the wife you can multitask though, for she thinks its only women who can do that.

Well aren’t you just the loyal citizen then! Thank god you phoned! You could drive up the m6 with phone in one hand and coffee in the other while looking down to see if there’s any greyhound skirts passing you by it’s so boring. Seriously, give a chap a break, hardly need for reporting him.

Dude, that’s why we’ve got knees!!

FarnboroughBoy11:

maga:

:laughing: yep, it gives me a couple of minutes to get some food out the fridge and prepare it ready for when the tramlines finish :wink:

It’s the pot holes bouncing me out the tramlines that ■■■■ me off :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

I find the A1 south of Markham Moor is a good place to fill up the kettle with water and pour myself a brew into a normal house mug whilst doing 56. It’s nice and smooth along there which is crucial when attempting to pour the boiling water into the mug. I’ve not managed to spill any yet.

truckyboy:
I`ve always said that truckers are intelligent, and very clever people, but dont tell the wife you can multitask though, for she thinks its only women who can do that.

:slight_smile: You’ve clearly never ‘tripled’ your wife yet then truckyboy?? She’ll certainly know you can multi task after that!!!