Auto electrician

Does anyone know or is anyone an auto electrician in the tyne and wear area my ■■■■■■ won’t spark and I have been told its more than likely a broken wire but I have no idea with electrics, thanks

Scott

Get the feeler gauges out and check the points gap ,or it could be the HT lead :bulb:

What year is it? As said if its an old 1 check power at points and gap, if its a more modern 1 then it could be the crank sensor :wink:

All good just getting nothing from the coil but have changed it for a known working one

Trouble is without seeing it you got no chance on forums. I live a bit far away to look but a decent sparky will sort it. Bet its something so simple, good luck with it.

It’s an 89 rs turbo I’m good at mechanics but really useless when it comes to electrics

Few things to try mate.

1 Is the fuel pump pressurising when you turn the ignition on? (Buzzing noise)

If it’s not, check the “safety” relay in the main fusebox (which should be pink with a yellow button if I remember correctly) hasn’t popped the button out. Try a relay that’s known to work if you can.

2 If it’s not this I would suspect the Crank Position Sensor. First though, try the small black module on the side of the distributor and look very carefully for broken wires and/or bad earths anywhere in the ignition system.

I assume your car has Bosch K-Jet injection being an '89 model?

tootman318:
What year is it?

1. :unamused:
    :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:

tootman318:
What year is it?

1. :unamused:
    :laughing: :laughing:

Ha Ha clever phil :unamused: :slight_smile:

Scanner:
Few things to try mate.

If it’s not, check the “safety” relay in the main fusebox (which should be pink with a yellow button if I remember correctly) hasn’t popped the button out. Try a relay that’s known to work if you can.

2 If it’s not this I would suspect the Crank Position Sensor. First though, try the small black module on the side of the distributor and look very carefully for broken wires and/or bad earths anywhere in the ignition system.

yeah it’s Bosch ke pump is priming checked wires and they seem on rotor arm had no continuity so changed this but still no spark from the coil so I’m thinking its the distributor now

Joycey:

Scanner:
Few things to try mate.

yeah it’s Bosch ke pump is priming checked wires and they seem on rotor arm had no continuity so changed this but still no spark from the coil so I’m thinking its the distributor now

Have you checked the LT wires going into the coil?

Ignition amplifier on distributor (Black box held on with 2 screws ) if you have no spark

If you have no fuel try fuel pump relay which is the only mauve coloured one in the fuse box. To check relay out unclip the plastic cover and hold the contacts shut, you should be able to hear the pump running…

As its an RS turbo are you sure theres no cut out switch been fitted.?

Hope this helps…

Checked lt wires and got voltage, ordered a gpa coil yesterday so if it isn’t that it can only really be the distributer, thanks everyone for the info

It’s alive turns out it was the connectors on the suppressor that were a bit iffy

Thanks to everyone that replied

Yay! Glad it’s all fixed.