Austrian exhaust sticker

Has anyone heard about this new sticker you need for certain areas of Austria and where you can get it ( luft; abgasplaketten-verordnung ) cheers

Don’t know of any new sticker. You’ve needed an ‘L’ if travelling outside certain times or areas for as long as I’ve been involved.

this may be of help
guretruck.com/pages/New.aspx … cpfdadC00=

AUSTRIA: NEW TAX

At present vehicles must display a sticker indicating the level of engine emissions (Euro type) only in Vienna and eastern Austria. There are different types of stickers depending on the level of emissions. From 01/07/2015 other parts of Austria will also implement this requirement.

The motive behind this is to expedite and facilitate roadside checks for vehicles undertaking transport in Austria, with non-compliance carrying a fine of between €300 to € 2200.

The stickers can be purchased from various workshops at prices between €30 to € 90.

many thanks I can chase it up now I have a start point.
bob

the flying foden:
…The stickers can be purchased from various workshops at prices between €30 to € 90.

€30 to € 90 for a sticker!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Learn something every day.

■■■:
many thanks I can chase it up now I have a start point.
bob

your welcome :slight_smile:

I’ve had a little look into this…

My source is the ÖAMTC (the approximate Austrian equivalent of the AA or RAC.)

http://www.oeamtc.at/portal/ig-luft-abgasplaketten-verordnung+2500+1387398

:arrow_right: Link to info in English

A couple of my own translations of important points:

Erhältlich ist die Plakette bei Werkstätten, Kfz-Prüfstellen und vielen ÖAMTC-Stützpunkten.
•Bei den ÖAMTC-Stützpunkten beträgt der Preis 25 Euro.

The sticker is available from workshops, LGV testing stations and many ÖAMTC service points.
* The sticker is €25 if bought from an ÖAMTC service point.

Wird man ohne oder mit falscher Plakette erwischt oder verstößt man gegen das Fahrverbot, drohen Strafen bis zu 2.180 Euro.

If you’re caught without a sticker, or with a wrong sticker or offend against the ban, there is the threat of fines of up to €2,180.

Whatever our opinion of it, they seem to mean business!! :open_mouth:

Anybody got one of these stickers yet?
If so where did you get it from?

You can get it just about anywhere… We got it at a Volvo dealer in Austria… 25 Euro.

Plambert:
Don’t know of any new sticker. You’ve needed an ‘L’ if travelling outside certain times or areas for as long as I’ve been involved.

The “L” sticker is for quiet lorrys. Some roads are only for quiet lorrys. E.g salzburg-worgl missing the german corner.

It also lets you ignore some driving bans.

Concretejim:

Plambert:

The “L” sticker is for quiet lorrys. Some roads are only for quiet lorrys. E.g salzburg-worgl missing the german corner.

Do you know if there are any restrictions on the A10 from Salzburg to Vilach then out to Italy?

muckles:

Concretejim:

Plambert:

Do you know if there are any restrictions on the A10 from Salzburg to Vilach then out to Italy?

AFAIK no. Just normal nightime ban. Although with “L” plates, or running on exhibition regs the ban can be ignored.

The biggest at the moment is the A12 Inntal Autobahn nightime ban for all non Euro6 Trucks. No exceptions and being heavily enforced.

As for the sticker peoples, its one of these.

akkp.at/provinces

The Austrians have a big thing about pollution and air quality.

Concretejim:

muckles:

Concretejim:

Plambert:

AFAIK no. Just normal nightime ban. Although with “L” plates, or running on exhibition regs the ban can be ignored.

The biggest at the moment is the A12 Inntal Autobahn nightime ban for all non Euro6 Trucks. No exceptions and being heavily enforced.

As for the sticker peoples, its one of these.

akkp.at/provinces

The Austrians have a big thing about pollution and air quality.

Cheers,

Not sure what Euro rating the truck is yet either 3 or 4, and no L plate, not sure if motorsport runs under exhibition regs, but I’ll be running it during the day anyway.

Does the A10 come under the emission stickers legislation?
I read that it was only the east of the Country round Vienna and Leoben.

You only have to have one displayed where there is some kind of ban based on Euro class.

Salzburg/Karnten/Voralberg are the only states of Austria where you do not currently need a sticker. If you are travelling through any other states of Austria you will need one. (Mainly total bans on euro 1/2 class)

Muckles you dont need one on the A10 currently.

The website i linked is quite useful aslong as you understand german. Im not sure if its available in english.

Concretejim:
You only have to have one displayed where there is some kind of ban based on Euro class.

Salzburg/Karnten/Voralberg are the only states of Austria where you do not currently need a sticker. If you are travelling through any other states of Austria you will need one. (Mainly total bans on euro 1/2 class)

Muckles you dont need one on the A10 currently.

The website i linked is quite useful aslong as you understand german. Im not sure if its available in english.

Cheers I’d seen some maps and they didn’t include the A10, but will keep an eye on it and might just get one if I have time as I’ll be going to Budapest later in year.

I have noticed that a lot of Austrian stuff, doesn’t have an English translation, was trying to get a permit to run on a Sunday last year, but it’s their country so I suppose their quite within their rights not to have translations.