Austria

Hi Guys
Wondering if Austria has any weekend driving rules?
Heading to Vienna this weekend for delivery next week wondering if my journey via Belgium will be made awkward by the driving regulations.
TIA

No driving for vehicles over 7.5 tonnes
Saturday 15:00 - 24:00
Sunday and public holidays 00:00 - 22:00

There are also some night restrictions every day from 22:00 - 05:00.

Monday is a public holiday there so this coming weekend the truck ban will in effect be from 15:00 Saturday 30th May until 05:00 Tuesday 2nd June.

There are also driving restrictions in Germany on Monday as it is a public holiday there also. No driving in Germany from 00:00 - 22:00 on both Sunday and Monday. If you are going via Luxembourg there are restrictions there on Monday as both Germany and France are on holiday Monday and as you will be transiting you will not be allowed to enter the country. You are going to have to either ship out tomorrow or Friday to get ahead of the restrictions or leave it until Monday.

can u not leave monday mate avoid the ban if u go in the evening

if you are leaveing early Saturday and can get as far as Gieselwind
Truck stop, and take a rest, from here it is 565kilometers toVienna
this will take you about 7–7.5hrs total, (aprox);FROM THE BORDER
Suben -to–Vienna is 266km,s and will take say around 3.5–4hrs total.
Toll charge for road use is high by the way so do not forget the go-box
for Austria, plus the maut for Germany,

I would push on and try to get as far as Deggendorf. They do the biggest Holzfaller Teller in the world. It comes on a wooden plate as big as a dustbin lid :smiley:

The last time I was in there a very drunk Dutch Harry Vos driver had an argument with a German driver and drove his truck through the front doors :smiley:

I reckon the Dutchman is still in the nick :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the replies. Looks like Gieselwind this weekend so hopefully a few fellow Brits in as well!!!

Why don’t we enforce holiday driving bans over here■■?

Wheel Nut:
I would push on and try to get as far as Deggendorf. They do the biggest Holzfaller Teller in the world. It comes on a wooden plate as big as a dustbin lid :smiley:

Now then Malc, Deggendorf is one of my favourite stopping places. :smiley:
IIRC, there was a Tollwut (rabies) sign at the village boundary, so it’s probably not a good idea to get too close to the local dogs, cats and other wildlife.

I used to have the Leberkäse and Kartoffelsalat with big chunky lumps of bread, and very tasty it was too. Since quality checks have to be made on such things, I used to have two portions to check that the product was consistent. :wink:

Wheel Nut:
The last time I was in there a very drunk Dutch Harry Vos driver had an argument with a German driver and drove his truck through the front doors :smiley:

I reckon the Dutchman is still in the nick :stuck_out_tongue:

:open_mouth: Blimey, I didn’t know that.

Pssst… be careful when you mention Holzfäller, cos Denis F always wanted to be one. :wink: :grimacing:

dieseldave:
:open_mouth: Blimey, I didn’t know that.

Pssst… be careful when you mention Holzfäller, cos Denis F always wanted to be one. :wink: :grimacing:

There was a club or disco at the other end of the parking, that is where the Vos truck was parked. I remember the Plod were not very happy and beat the driver up :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY4PI5MIALY

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: That’s the one. :grimacing: