Austria

I’m off to Austria (Speilberg) for the first time on Monday, just looking for advice on what I need and where to get things. I know I need a GO Box available near the border at services. Somebody has mentioned I need a euro emissions sticker? Where do I get this?

jonesy5573:
I’m off to Austria (Speilberg) for the first time on Monday, just looking for advice on what I need and where to get things. I know I need a GO Box available near the border at services. Somebody has mentioned I need a euro emissions sticker? Where do I get this?

You’ll need to prove your lorry emission rating either by taking your Rpc with you or contact the lorry manufactures who will send you proof for free ,the go box is about £5 er .

Thanks Punchy Dan, yes I have RP Cert for Euro 5. No window sticker req then?

jonesy5573:
Thanks Punchy Dan, yes I have RP Cert for Euro 5. No window sticker req then?

No sticker ,they’ll let you have the go box ,but if you get stopped you’ll need that proof ,plus if you don’t pay the go box ive heard they’ll stop you with in not many miles !

Appreciate the reply many thanks. Will get the box on the border and show the cert for proof of emissions.

Guess youll be getting the box at bad reichenhall. Massive shell services on the border, box is dead easy to get. Make sure it beeps once, any problems with it ring them sooner rather then later. Spielberg is a easy drive. Dont speed on the salzburg ring.

The route I’m looking at is E40 Brussels - E35 Cologne - E56 Wels - A9/E57 - and onto Speilburg S36.
Never been so open to a better route?

Route looks ok to me, The Red Bull Ring is pretty well signposted off the S36, it’s a lovely circuit all very clean and modern, and probably has one of the best backdrops of any circuit in Europe.

If your truck is Euro 4 or above, you have 14 days to email evidence of your emissions to ASFINAG the company who run the Go Box, even if you show the documents to the person at the counter when you get your toll box, if you’re lucky they might tell you this anyway.

Not sure about the emission stickers, I never managed to get one as I only found out a few days before going, but it seems you either have to post all your documents to them or go to a workshop to get one.

All information correct … go into the border services with your logbook and all relevant docs and a DKV card or payment card If you have one …they will issue the box there and then and as has been said the paper ticket needs to be sent off within 14 days by your office …if the box doesnt beep when you go under the Toll gantry go into the First services you come too to sort otherwise the fines are huge …we don’t have the low noise or emmision rating stickers and I have never been questioned about it …best to get your box set up on auto pay too rather than PAYG…

Also don’t by pass the control points …they will hunt you down :wink: :smiley:

There’s a scnaia truck garage just before speilberg you can get the emissions ticket in there as it applys to that area. If you don’t get it there there is a Renault truck garage in zeltweg just passed the airport which does them. You can get it on dkv. The restaurant at the race track does good food at a reasonable price too.

Since when do you Need an emisions sticker for Austria?

Dont forget to buy some “Stroh Rum” :bulb:

Since the 1st of January 2015. It’s not for the whole of Austria only for certain areas. See this link. urbanaccessregulations.eu/countr … ainmenu-78

Interesting to read that in english. My trucks registerd in tirol and has no emission sticker. By control stations, theyv only asked me for it once. Although i normally hand over a few cans of red bull before it gets to that stage.

Plan some extra time for eh return journey.
The Austrians have clamped down on the borders because of the migrants trying to get to Germany
Reports of queues of up to 20 miles waiting to cross at German Border.

In a week they’ll be no more controls, take that from someone who lives in austria. Immigrants have a habit of avoiding braunau, no idea why.

Arrived today, no problems. GO box worked fine and easy enough to buy. Lovely scenery on the way here. Don’t know how much the tolls will cost, it was beeping at most gantrys?

Euro 5 artic is 0.3948 Eur/km + 20% VAT (which can be reclaimed)…