Austria toll fine

Got a letter yesterday saying we had to pay €220 to the Austrian toll company for incorrect toll use. The reason for the fine says, Proof of Euro emissions not provided.

The date was the day we got our toll box at the border,
I got the box in the same way as I’ve done before for other trucks, that is take my paperwork and payment method to the counter and get a box and I’ve never had a problem.
Nothing was said about proof of emissions class when I got the box, the only thing was we had to pay an extra fee as the previous owner of the truck had also got a toll box for it, but hadn’t returned it. I tried to argue the point but stumped up when I realised I was wasting my breath.

Anybody had something similar, or can shed some light on what it’s about.

One of ours has had this fine (220 euro seems to be the standard)for the same reason you stated but with him it was several weeks after getting the box,i have been fined 3 times in austria now each time 220 euro each time to do with wrong settings on go box/german toll collect box not working,each time pay on dkv :frowning:

services.asfinag.at/en/mautsyste … -bemautung

Looks like your firm have neglected to forward the required proof of emission class documentation. “Problem, meester. You must pay”

Thanks Inselaffe, So do you have to send the evidence off even though they saw the evidence when you got the box?

I suppose we better pay the fine and send them the evidence of emissions class, and hopefully it won’t happen again.

The last time I got a go Box was 2007 before which is why I haven’t seen this before, I must admit I can’t remember seeing anything about needing to send documents or a declaration of emission class when I got the box, I did get loads of receipts, but most seemed to be because the trucks had already had a box registered to it.

Confirmation of the vehicle emission class is beyond the remit of the spotty faced yoof who sold you the box, therefore you have to forward the documents to The Man

Inselaffe:
Confirmation of the vehicle emission class is beyond the remit of the spotty faced yoof who sold you the box, therefore you have to forward the documents to The Man

Well another lesson learned, :laughing:

When you get tag it does state it now in the receipt and in English
You got 14 days from purchase to forward on

gettin-on:
When you get tag it does state it now in the receipt and in English
You got 14 days from purchase to forward on

To be honest the fault really lies with me :blush:
I blame a combination of factors, I was a bit complacent, as I’d got boxes in the past without a problem, a very unhelpful woman behind the til, and under pressure to make up time as we’d hadn’t got as far as I’d wanted to the day before to due what must have been a major incident closing a large stretch of Autobahn and myself and the rest of Germany seemingly trying to get through a small town to avoid it.

But like I said a lesson learned, which is mainly read the paperwork and if I don’t understand ask on here. :smiley:

muckles:
a very unhelpful woman behind the til,

Ok. Edited to read:

Inselaffe:
Confirmation of the vehicle emission class is beyond the remit of the sour faced old bat who sold you the box, therefore you have to forward the documents to The Man

:wink:

Inselaffe:

muckles:
a very unhelpful woman behind the til,

Ok. Edited to read:

Inselaffe:
Confirmation of the vehicle emission class is beyond the remit of the sour faced old bat who sold you the box, therefore you have to forward the documents to The Man

:wink:

:laughing:
No that’s not the reason I thought she was unhelpful and I accept that the confirmation of emission class is nothing to do with the counter staff, it’s just the woman was unhelpful to the point I was surprised she even bothered to serve me. :confused: So I was so relieved the the pain of dealing with her was over I just got out of the service station and on the road as quick as possible. :laughing:

And her special method of customer relations didn’t just seem to be reserved to dealing with a thick English driver, :blush: she seemed to be like that with everybody who came into the services. :smiley:

You should have also recieved another bit of paper at the time of purchase called a “Fahrzeugdeklaration”, this bit of paper has your reg number and the box number onit,
this must be carried in the vehicule at all times, this is to stop someone from using the same box in different vehicules.

Geoff

When I got my last Go Box, they told me to send the euro 5 details within 14 days, I asked why and they said it was down to our Rag Head friends fiddling their documents to make out they had the latest up to date engines so it would save them money…
Get that wall back up. :imp: