Austria, Slovenia, Croatia assistence needed urgently

I’m off to Munich on Tuesday and will be reloading some cars out of Split, Croatia. It’s been over 10 years since I was even in Austria let alone Slov and Croatia. Question. (1) Whats the best border crossings to take when empty from Munich down to Croatia. (2) Whats the score now regaring road tax for Austria, Slovenia and Croatia and where do i purchase it. (3) Whats the best crossings to return through to Germany from Croatia and what problems should i expect at customs. (4) Are there any rules regarding driving times on Saturday during July/August? I drove through Germany last Saturday on the Autobahn like everybody else as nobody seemed to take any notice of the ban then! (5)Where are the good places to stop in Slov and Croatia regarding eating showers etc , i have to take a 24 break probably in Slovenia on the way down. Appreciate any help and sorry for all the Q’s.

GERMANY;
Look at THIS

and alsoHERE
read both posts as each explains the ban and routes,

try theseONE
FOR Austria, and Italy, Germany is also here as well.
coratia try thisHERE

THIS shows driveing bans thruout europe

HERE

WILL have alook for more info but try
useing the search button it will also
give you lots of posts to read which
should help you also other people will
come and post here as well

Thanks Pete, I was delivering some cars to Munich last week and the Saturdayholiday ban which came in to effect from the beginning of July seemed to be ignored by all, including me who got fed up watching other trucks on the Autobahn and consequently joined in.
Unfortunately my laptops hard drive blew up on me so i will have to find somewhere to hook up if possible before i ship out on Tuesday afternoon as i am on the road from early tomorrow morning in the UK.
Thanks for reply all the same.

If you look at the posts
where the driveing bans
are you will be able to
read which BAB -motorways
are open to traffic on sarurday
traffic,also you can use the country
roads as well ,

simoncdl:
Whats the score now regaring road tax for Austria, Slovenia and Croatia and where do i purchase it.

Where are the good places to stop in Slov and Croatia regarding eating showers etc , i have to take a 24 break probably in Slovenia on the way down. Appreciate any help and sorry for all the Q’s

Austria: you have a Go Box, which you can get at the services. It’s a few years since I got one, but I think all you need is your vehicle docs and payment, Wasn’t horrendous price 5 euro at the time, but might be more now.
You then decide whether to debit your fuel card or account or a top up
Link might help
http://www.fdeservicepartner.com/Default.aspx?ID=29

Slovenia: most motorways are toll roads with booths like Italy or France all very new.
As for having a break in Slovenia, the services on the motorways are modern and clean, similar to Austrian ones.
Accomdation seems to be cheap as well, we used one on the way to Trieste.
20 euro per person for an apartment in the owners house, clean, tidy and included the best breakfast I’ve ever had anywhere

For the Go-Box there are 2 ways of doing it:

1. Pay As You Go which is basically what it says you look at the chart with the cost on and pay 5euros for the box and sufficient credit on.

2. Credit, for this you will need to take your vehicle docs in with you and they fill the form out and sort your payment method out, mine was linked to my DKV card. and away you go.

TBH go for the credit option it’s a lot easier epecially if your boss is prone to “good ideas” you do not have to always ensure that you have enough credit.

You can use your fuelcard for the whole process including the 5euro for the box.
And you will get used to the bleep. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OK eveybody, seems good to me. It’s 0500 and I’m off. All help very much appreciited