Australian Truck Drivers Memorial

marky:
Here are some pictures of the Shap memorial stone taken last Thursday dinnertime.

thats superb really good ive only been over thr road once and never saw it but good for them **** there we are 4 stars

marky:
Here are some pictures of the Shap memorial stone taken last Thursday dinnertime.

And when I learn how to post the pics on here, I can post the one of Ethelred collecting the stone out of the Shap Granite Quarry in 1995, and carrying its own fork truck too! With a certain coachbuilder driving…

I’ve recently returned after a three month holiday in OZ. On my travels I came across this memorial to Australian Truck Drivers. It was in a beautiful setting and I found it very moving

I don’t suppose for one minute we will ever see anything like this in the UK. It was just a thought.

Safe travelling.

Don

I suspect your right we will not have anything like this in UK, besides within a week it would be covered in Graffiti and used as a skateboard course.

Nice to see somewhere where Driver’s are recognised for their efforts.

Seems to tie in nicely with the campaign from TruckersWorld, would’nt it be nice to be respected after we have gone, then again how can that happen when we arn’t even respected while we are alive and kicking…GOOD ON YOU OZZIES. :sunglasses:

Is therenot a memorial for those who died intragic road accidents whilist
trying to use the SHAP i belive in the shape of a clock,

Nice to see and well done to the Australians
for there memorial to there Truck Drivers :smiley: .

Excellent photo`s and very moving.
It must be nice to live/work somewhere that cares about you.
Unlike The United Kindom where you only get anything out if you
put ■■■■ ALL IN, the free loaders paridise.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Don & Marky,

Thanks for those great pictures. The Aussie one very moving and the Shap one is to many who are still living.

I’ve got a memorial Mum, and I’m not even dead yet!

Salut, David.