Australia/ New zealand

Good evening folks after a bit of info regarding moving as fed up with this country and fancy a change. Has any one on here moved over to either and if so whats the best way to go about it? Was it easy to get employment. And what kind of things do you need with regards to gaining a visa. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance Andy

Depends on your age and your qualifications. My mate left for Oz last week. It cost him thousands for his visa. Good luck.

bigvern1:
Depends on your age and your qualifications. My mate left for Oz last week. It cost him thousands for his visa. Good luck.

I’m 30 this year so at an ok age got some cash saved for any expenses was going to go over on holiday and see what the score was. What’s your m8 going to work as?

There is a young bloke on here called ‘Chopsticks’…He moved out there a few years ago,might be worth PMing him if you’re serious about it,at least you have age on your side…dont think ‘Truck Driver’ scores you many points though in the application process,have a look on the embassy website for the different trades they want out there and how many points those trades are worth. :wink:

Have a lok on the exPat forum on here, theres a couple of threads regarding Oz and NZ. By all accounts its easier to get into NZ than Oz.

Nice one thanks for the replies guys will pm him and get some advice

If you want a preview, head to Earl’s Court for a weekend. :laughing:

Take a look through the ex pat truckers forum further down, it’s full of stuff you will find interesting & informative.

I┴S NO qƎ┴┴Ǝɹ pOMN HƎɹƎ W∀┴Ǝ :smiley:

tried holding the lappy in front of the mirror to read that, finished up standing on my head :smiley:

Emigrating to OZ as a truckie has become virtually unpossible… …only way to be sponsored is by working in mines. I just left OZ 1,5mths ago, I wanted to stay, my boss wanted to sponsor me, company we were subbing for wanted me to stay… …nah, said immigration.

NZ in the other hand is a lot - and I mean, A LOT - easier. All you need is a job offer and then you can apply for work permit which will be from year up to 2yrs, depending on the mood of case officer. Althou, this does involve quite a bit of hassle - interview/assessment, actual job offer, medical with drug & blood tests and chest x-ray, police certificate and finally, the application itself. And, majority of the companies would actually like to see you face to face before giving the offer so you’d have to come here as a tourist or some other specific visa. But all in all, it’s a fairly painless process as you just get the ball rolling.

For me this all took 6,5wks from the moment I arrived to NZ as a tourist and got my work permit granted. Worth the leap of faith, I’d say.

To become a resident Aussie you need to either marry an Austarlian national or have a trade…don’t think ‘truck driver’ qualifies as a trade so marry someone is your best bet :grimacing:

Did it 5 years ago and love it, I worked with MAN Trucks in Bellshill, Scotland as workshop supervisor and moved out with MAN to run the workshop in Brisbane on a 457 employee sponsored long term working visa. Great place to live and bring up kids. :sunglasses:

I moved over to Australia, 4 months ago from UK, NSW do not regonise your UK truck Licence all they will give you is a CAT C which is a Car Licence . however they will let you go straight for the HC which is our CLass 1 licence then wait 12 months and then go for the MC.

it will cost approx $1600 dollars for a 2 day course no test just an assessment easy.

However getting in to NZ is the way to go as Truck Drivers are not classed as skilled over here.

Disco