Aussie Atkinson

a few photos of my Aussie Atki

Imgur

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16688859@N05/12571080035/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16688859@N05/12388649834/

Great stuff. Did the cab fit well or was there a lot of bending metal and swearing?

ParkRoyal2100:
Great stuff. Did the cab fit well or was there a lot of bending metal and swearing?

lots of bending metal and a little blasphemy.
changed the
gear linkage
steering box
clutch linkage
throttle linkage
cab mountings
rad mountings
handbrake
air cleaner box
and much more but I am enjoying every bit of it.

I can’t see the photos. All I get is this:

Can you post them on this forum?

[zb]
anorak:

errrrmmm■■? not too sure how to overcome this problem. sorry.

[zb]
anorak:

I got the same till I logged in so you’ll need a flickr account, or login to your existing one. I don’t know why Ritch’s photos got tagged that way.

[zb]
anorak:

It is possible to link them to display on a forum, the same way as you can with Photobucket. However, whatever setting you have on it, Rich, won’t allow it to be shared, and it seems to be flagged on Flickr as an ‘adult’ photo too!

Try again now? I hope to have changed the settings

road-ranger:

Not yet Rich… still shows as adult content…

But Atkis aren’t for kids, are they? :confused:

grrrrrr

Imgur

240 Gardner:

road-ranger:

Not yet Rich… still shows as adult content…

But Atkis aren’t for kids, are they? :confused:

ahhhh

flickr.com/photos/16688859@N05/12779949713/

flickr.com/photos/16688859@N … otostream/

utube video
youtube.com/watch?v=aA9S3uBBvKU

sorted it. I have to re load the pics

road-ranger:
ahhhh

flickr.com/photos/16688859@N05/12779949713/

flickr.com/photos/16688859@N … otostream/

utube video
youtube.com/watch?v=aA9S3uBBvKU

sorted it. I have to re load the pics

Like so :wink:

Atkinson by richfergi.t21, on Flickr

road-ranger:

ParkRoyal2100:

changed the
gear linkage
steering box
clutch linkage
throttle linkage
cab mountings
rad mountings
handbrake
air cleaner box

Hmm. So was/ is the Aussie Atki chassis different or is it just different mounting points? Or both? (I know both halves of sfa about this).

Here’s one I did earlier. (paint)

I’m sure it’ll up set a few purists, but just remember there were 1000’s of them getting about and in the late 90’s you could get a good one for a couple of grand. This one was running 425 ■■■■■■■ with a road ranger. I drove it from Charmhaven to Adelaide a few times and it went like a good un. It was still a heap of crap though.

I’m not going to saw who owned but he was an ex pat Irish man and one day the Australian Tax Office caught up with him and mentioned that he hadn’t submitted a tax return for a fair amount of time ( ever ) his defense was this…

“I didn’t even know Australia even had a ■■■■■■■ tax office”

Jeff…

ParkRoyal2100:

road-ranger:

ParkRoyal2100:

changed the
gear linkage
steering box
clutch linkage
throttle linkage
cab mountings
rad mountings
handbrake
air cleaner box

Hmm. So was/ is the Aussie Atki chassis different or is it just different mounting points? Or both? (I know both halves of sfa about this).

The Mk.1 Aussie Atkis (this is a late Aussie Mk.1 cab) were built in parallel with U.K. Mk.1s, but Rich is building on a Borderer chassis, which didn’t find its way Down Under. Therefore, what he’s building isn’t a replica of an Aussie Atki as such, but it’s a great project and he’s doing a brilliant job - perhaps it represents what Atkinson could potentially have done with the Borderer and the rest of the range from 1970 onwards, complete with the dummy radiator which wasn’t used in Australia. I can’t wait to see it finished!

240 Gardner:

ParkRoyal2100:

road-ranger:

ParkRoyal2100:

changed the
gear linkage
steering box
clutch linkage
throttle linkage
cab mountings
rad mountings
handbrake
air cleaner box

The Mk.1 Aussie Atkis (this is a late Aussie Mk.1 cab) were built in parallel with U.K. Mk.1s, but Rich is building on a Borderer chassis, which didn’t find its way Down Under. Therefore, what he’s building isn’t a replica of an Aussie Atki as such, but it’s a great project and he’s doing a brilliant job - perhaps it represents what Atkinson could potentially have done with the Borderer and the rest of the range from 1970 onwards, complete with the dummy radiator which wasn’t used in Australia. I can’t wait to see it finished!

The first problem was that the cab was made for the GM engine and tilt cab. so the cab was sat 6 inchers higher to make the cab tilt. this meant they had to made a different steering Colom with two u j’s and a spine. I have the cab end but no steering box end with a spline. it also meant that all mark one skippy cabs that were tilt had none power steering. with the cab been higher they can up with a fancy way of the clutch peddle working and as I dropped the cab down there was no room for this. in the Borderer the clutch is bent to the left to give lots a foot room the Skippy cab has a wide engine by to take all engines s the cab floor is much smaller so I bent the peddle to the left. the cab mount had all cracked due to the extra 6 inch of height so I made them smaller and strengthened them. as for the throttle linkage that was all different anyhow. The gear stick has two mounting points on the engine, so I moved it to the front one and made a new shaft back to the box. I also made a straight gearstick and shorted it a little. on the later mark one Skippy you do tent to see a lot more photos of the more modern radiator been fitted. the hand brake was something that I have not come across before? so I changed it to the uk type.

road-ranger:

240 Gardner:

ParkRoyal2100:

road-ranger:

ParkRoyal2100:

changed the
gear linkage
steering box
clutch linkage
throttle linkage
cab mountings
rad mountings
handbrake
air cleaner box

The first problem was that the cab was made for the GM engine and tilt cab. so the cab was sat 6 inchers higher to make the cab tilt. this meant they had to made a different steering Colom with two u j’s and a spine. I have the cab end but no steering box end with a spline. it also meant that all mark one skippy cabs that were tilt had none power steering. with the cab been higher they can up with a fancy way of the clutch peddle working and as I dropped the cab down there was no room for this. in the Borderer the clutch is bent to the left to give lots a foot room the Skippy cab has a wide engine by to take all engines s the cab floor is much smaller so I bent the peddle to the left. the cab mount had all cracked due to the extra 6 inch of height so I made them smaller and strengthened them. as for the throttle linkage that was all different anyhow. The gear stick has two mounting points on the engine, so I moved it to the front one and made a new shaft back to the box. I also made a straight gearstick and shorted it a little. on the later mark one Skippy you do tent to see a lot more photos of the more modern radiator been fitted. the hand brake was something that I have not come across before? so I changed it to the uk type.

Dare you count the hours you’ve put into it??

240 Gardner:

road-ranger:

240 Gardner:
j

ParkRoyal2100:

road-ranger:

ParkRoyal2100:

changed the
gear linkage
steering box
clutch linkage
throttle linkage
cab mountings
rad mountings
handbrake
air cleaner box

Dare you count the hours you’ve put into it??

Well. Mudgaurds. 6 hours to make a plyboard one. £85 each mud guard to be bent and made. Then I made the mounting stays plus fitting and drilling. This took me around 12hours to do. On off, drill out, on again, drill, off again weld. It is all fun tho.