Audio books.

Does anyone use audio books? I have just about exhausted the local library thought the choice is very limited. Just wondering were others get hold of them from.

The App Store

librivox.org/

Free public domain audiobooks
Read by volunteers from around the world

Piratebay proxy.

zaax:
https://librivox.org/

Free public domain audiobooks
Read by volunteers from around the world

Librivox are good for the classics.

I’ve always listened to them. What I do is that I live in Cheshire and I go to about 3 different library’s in the same borough. Failing that I look on their website for titles I’d like and get them ordered to my local library.
Only if I’m desperate for a title will I buy it off eBay listen to it and resell it though been stung this way a few times.

You can download free audiobooks from your local library, you need software which they will have a link to download, its called overdrive media, it will work best on Android or IOS phones and less well on windows phones (they’re more limited on format :unamused: ).
You will need a library card to be able to access this great service although you are limited to a certain amount of time to listen to them. If they don’t have an audiobook you want, you can order it.
Just ask at your library or look it up online, its way more legal than piratebay :laughing: .
The other slightly less legal thing that I may or may not have done in the past is borrow audiobooks on CD from the library and copy them to keep forever :blush:.

Audiobook Bay still works in the UK without proxy or VPN. With a VPN try ExtraTorrents or KAT.

If I’m going to pay for a book I use Audible for android/ios which is excellent.

YouTube

These days I wouldn’t even consider downloading illegal material via P2P or using torrent sites without using a VPN. I also wouldn’t even consider downloading anything if my ISP was sky, or any of the major ISP’s. Sky have track record of giving out the names of those who they think are downloading illegal material to companies seeking money from those downloading illegal material ie: downloading ■■■■.