Auction values

For the first time in many years got chance to call in at the HGV auction, BCA, Belle View, Manchester yesterday. I was very surprised by the lack of entries, couldn’t have been 20 vehicles. I remember years back there’d be 50 - 100+

I scribbled down some results:

04 Renault Premium 4x2 370 sleeper. Test Oct. £2,800 not sold

05 DAF 45 150 GRP Box cantilever T/L. Day cab. Tidy.Test June 2013 195k £4,600 not sold

56 Iveco Cargo 1825(■■) 20’ drop side Very tidy. £12,900

01 Atego 815 tipper 226k no test. £2,100

03 Scania R420 6x2 small mid lift. PTO (pos. wet gear) £11,300

95 N Merc 814 Luton Horse Box. rest cab. looked ok. £1,450 no vat.

03 DAF 95XF 480 6x2 Test Oct. £7,300

Sorry, missed hearing the mileage on many.

I reckon you could break that premium and put the parts on ebay and turn a decent profit particularly if the tyres had decent tread left. Probably get £500 scrap for the pile of steel you were left with as well.

The Merc horse box would turn a profit of £4-£5k if it was a coachbuilt body.

Been in and made a small but important edit: you can’t have a Scania 4x2 with a midlift :smiley: :blush:

Own Account Driver: yes but how much did they want for it? At £2,800 they wouldn’t even submit the bid.

Equitran: I think it was, although tbh didn’t leave my seat, from which I had a relatively poor view, to go and walk round it and hadn’t seen it in the yard. If it was coachbuilt, I wish I’d know it was worth so much more. Though it might have been just a box body conversion?

Driveroneuk:
Been in and made a small but important edit: you can’t have a Scania 6x2 with a midlift

Of course you can, what else would it be? 6 refers to the total number of wheels, 2 refers to the number of driven wheels. If it’s a midlift it can’t be anything else really. Some people refer to them as a 6x2/4 with the 4 referring to the fact that 4 wheels steer to differentiate it from midlift vehicles where the lift axle does not steer.

Paul

repton:

Driveroneuk:
Been in and made a small but important edit: you can’t have a Scania 6x2 with a midlift

Of course you can, what else would it be? 6 refers to the total number of wheels, 2 refers to the number of driven wheels. If it’s a midlift it can’t be anything else really. Some people refer to them as a 6x2/4 with the 4 referring to the fact that 4 wheels steer to differentiate it from midlift vehicles where the lift axle does not steer.

Paul

If it has small wheels on the mid-lift, it will not steer.

Mistake edited, obviously the fact that it should initially have said 6 x 2 was on my mind as I typed. So to new readers it not now obvious what your post Paul is about, unless they spot the small difference in the quote. Perhaps you’d like to change your post? My apologies for the second typing error.

Driveroneuk:
Mistake edited, obviously the fact that it should initially have said 6 x 2 was on my mind as I typed.

Your original post still says 6x4 midlift which is almost certainly wrong… If it’s a midlift it’ll be a 6x2.

Pedantically Yours,
Paul

repton:
Your original post still says 6x4 midlift which is almost certainly wrong… If it’s a midlift it’ll be a 6x2.

Pedantically Yours,
Paul

You’re dead right Mr Eagle Eyes. Fixed :blush: :open_mouth: :smiley:

Indeed 'twas not a double drive.