Attestestation required?

. I never work on a Monday. So on a Tuesday morning could I " wind" the time back to when a finished on a Friday or Saturday and do a manual entry to say I have been on rest since my end of the last shift I done?

Would there be any need for an attestation ?

jimboy124:
. I never work on a Monday. So on a Tuesday morning could I " wind" the time back to when a finished on a Friday or Saturday and do a manual entry to say I have been on rest since my end of the last shift I done?

Would there be any need for an attestation ?

no.

Yes! We had a driver fined €2850 a couple of months ago for not having an attestation letter despite carrying charts/digicard for the previous 28 days!

Bob

I asked about this in our office today - Sat/Sun are considered as normal rest days, but for Monday you need an attestation.

That’s what my French colleagues say, who am I to argue :confused: (for the sake of a piece of paper why take any risk?)

~ Craig

Agreed Craig, i don’t drive a lot but someone went sick and i jumped in his truck. The French were very nice, only fined me 750 euros instead of 750 euros for each missing day! That was with a digi tacho, they said i could have been driving an anologue on the missing days.

Hence nobody leaves here without one now!

So are we saying even if you still do a manual entry on the digi card, you’ll still need a letter of attestation?
What’s the point fo the manual entry on a digi card?

The funny thing about attestations is that they can be forged. Especially at the moment whilst there are still analogue tacho vehicles in use

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928477,-3.271334
Been told I can’t use my signature by some elitist ■■■■■■

Where will the attestation thing end?Are you going to need a form to say that the 45 you had off,was legitimately off,or it`s off, because a piece of paper says you were?
If I finished work on a Thursday afternoon,and back on Saturday,do I need a form?After all,I could be driving an analogue carded truck,in the interim.
Surely your last 28 days cards(whether analogue or on a digicard)should suffice.

I really thought some of the “experts” on here could answer my serious question.

But I guess i may have stumped them this time.

My usual line of help has been closed for the past few weeks for One reason or another.

As switchlogic may say << ONWARD>> …

But it’s the children I feel the most for …

whiplash:
Where will the attestation thing end?Are you going to need a form to say that the 45 you had off,was legitimately off,or it`s off, because a piece of paper says you were?
If I finished work on a Thursday afternoon,and back on Saturday,do I need a form?After all,I could be driving an analogue carded truck,in the interim.
Surely your last 28 days cards(whether analogue or on a digicard)should suffice.

Before long we’ll need an attestation from a judge, to attest to the authenticity of the police attestation, which attests to the authenticity of the gaffers attestation that we really has a driving break (or something along those lines). :grimacing:

Craig 111:
I asked about this in our office today - Sat/Sun are considered as normal rest days, but for Monday you need an attestation.

That’s what my French colleagues say, who am I to argue :confused: (for the sake of a piece of paper why take any risk?)

~ Craig

Was fined in Germany for having no disc or attestation for Saturday’s.BAG said i could work six day’s so must show six cards or attestation letter. (See old post’s from thetourist for full story)

What a load of nonsense. If you need a letter for each and every weekend you have off, you might as well get your company to print off 52 sheets and just fill in the blanks your self as its barely worth the paper its written on any way.
Like everything else from the EU it has absolutely nothing to do with safetey but rather the never ending world of technicalities and paper pushing to keep the gravy train moving along. What next, a letter to state that you really did have 9 or 11 hours off every night and didnt leave your tacho in one truck and hop in to another and drive all night? It really does beg belief that Europe has descended to such depths in its regulatory madness.

jimboy124:
My usual line of help has been closed for the past few weeks for One reason or another.

Was keeping my powder dry waiting for the Grumpy Scotsman to have his two pence worth :wink:

I presume you still do a lot of France, Jim.

In that case an attestation is a MUST for all weekly rest periods not covered by digicard/manual tacho unless you want to donate a load of beer tokens to the uniformed highwaymen.

Official Europe wide form, signed by the boss and YOU. Also wise to do a manual entry on the digicard for the period when the card is out of the machine when you restart your shift.

I would also advise to always leave the card in the machine at end of shift if you are on a night out in order to have an uninterrupted record on your card.

Rumours that the French will soon be demanding a signed receipt from the bog attendant when you go for a dump are as yet uncomfirmed.

jimboy124:
I really thought some of the “experts” on here could answer my serious question.

But I guess i may have stumped them this time.

As switchlogic may say << ONWARD>> …

But it’s the children I feel the most for …

Well your question has been answered. Strictly speaking, you don’t need a letter of attestation, but it’ll make life so much easier if you do.

And quite rightly, you should feel for the children.

Many thanks to all for help on this. I do take an attestation every trip I will also " wind the clock back " with a manual entry to say I have been on rest, it can’t hurt to do it !

The law in France states 4 days break requires an attestation anything less does not require an attestation.

Marcelleke:
The law in France states 4 days break requires an attestation anything less does not require an attestation.

Can you put the link up to endorse your statement please .

I will ask my transport office for the link. I was off for 3 days in December. I asked the office for attest and they told me it was now only required for breaks of 4 days or more. we have trucks in France daily so I am assuming they know what they are saying.

Surely, simply to keep the peace with the authorities of whichever country you are driving through, isn’t it just simpler to keep the peace, be helpful, stop them holding you up in your journey time, by having in your hand an attestation letter, does it really matter if its 12, 24, 48, or 60 hours. what does it cost in time or money for your boss to fill out a form, which is readily available on the internet, then give it to you before you ship out.
And by the way I remember these being around 7/8 years ago, so it’s not a new legislation.

I agree, that’s what we do pierrot 14.

Belt n braces :grimacing: