Attending a truck show, Tacho

In the next few weeks I will be attending a local truck show in my truck.The show is only around thee miles from the yard. How do I stand tacho wise ? Im guessing I need to use my tacho in the normal way. another driver said I can just do a print out at the end of the day and write an explanation on it. I know there used to be a thing called “Out of Scope” but Im sure this isn’t legal anymore.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Out of Scope is still legal to use.

Suggest you make sure one of the modules you do on your next DCPC is tacho regs and EU drivers hours rules.

I went to Smallwood vintage rally and one guy had the right idea, had a van on trailer obviously meaning his truck hasn’t had to move all weekend as he could use a van!

Out of scope mode is for driving off road, but if any part of the journey involves the public highway all driving is recorded, in or out of scope

Conor:
Out of Scope is still legal to use.

Suggest you make sure one of the modules you do on your next DCPC is tacho regs and EU drivers hours rules.

And if he does and they know their stuff, they’ll tell him if the truck has a gross over 7.5t, then it’s card in and you are under EU regs, just like any day at work, you need the hours available on your working week (144 between weekly rests), enough driving time etc and must comply with the weekly rest requirements.

So don’t use out of scope! Out of scope means out of scope of the EU regs, driving to a truck show is personal use, but the exemption for personal use is only up to 7.5t, over that and you’re in scope, so no printouts, no out of scope, just card in and treat it like any other day at work!

3 miles from the yard?.drive er on with no card…get a life…but i can see trouble a brewing here when conor comes back…il away and get the armchair and popcorn ready… :smiley:

dieseldog999:
3 miles from the yard?.drive er on with no card…get a life…but i can see trouble a brewing here when conor comes back…il away and get the armchair and popcorn ready… :smiley:

Im going to put my card in . but I was just curious how people see this, had so many different views. My card will be in and I will be legal.

OVLOV JAY:
Out of scope mode is for driving off road, but if any part of the journey involves the public highway all driving is recorded, in or out of scope

Thankyou, that’s how I remembered it.

dieseldog999:

I’m watching this as I’ve got 30miles to drive to a truck show next week end

I think you’re exempt from EU regulations as long as your not carrying goods for any part of the journey, if the vehicle is an artic complete with trailer you’re definitely in-scope because the trailer is classed as goods.

This article may be of interest to you

If using the tachograph is a real problem, my advice would have to be to contact the DVSA and try to get an answer in writing.

tachograph:
I think you’re exempt from EU regulations as long as your not carrying goods for any part of the journey, if the vehicle is an artic complete with trailer you’re definitely in-scope because the trailer is classed as goods.

If using the tachograph is a real problem, my advice would have to be to contact the DVSA and try to get an answer in writing.

Email sent I will post the reply

blue estate:

tachograph:

Email sent I will post the reply

thankyou. As per my original post. I will be using my tacho. The way my job is it won’t present a problem to me working legally but as I heard differing views I thought it worthwhile posting on here.

dieseldog999:

No offense!! But that’s a bit of dumbest criminals mindset, unless you’re​ someone maxing out, then most will be able to do it perfectly legally without messing the work up at all and even the dude maxing with a tiny bit of planning would be able to do it no problem.

So why turn something that’s perfectly legal into to something that’s not and for no gain?? Other than to be badass!! Makes no sense to me!!

tachograph:

But he is involved in the activity of transporting goods. So I don’t see how that would apply here, the way I see that is for people that drop off hire vehicles etc and don’t ever carry goods in that employment.

So to me it’s personal use, which has a 7.5t limit on it

stevieboy308:

dieseldog999:

No offense!! But that’s a bit of dumbest criminals mindset, unless you’re​ someone maxing out, then most will be able to do it perfectly legally without messing the work up at all and even the dude maxing with a tiny bit of planning would be able to do it no problem.

So why turn something that’s perfectly legal into to something that’s not and for no gain?? Other than to be badass!! Makes no sense to me!!

no offence taken… if :slight_smile: but it was of no concern then bunging in the card wouldnt be a prob,and if thats the case and you already decided to put it in,then why ask the question if your putting in the card anyway?.if it was a issue,then id run without it for the entire 3 mile trek and wing it if required…as the years progresses and especially in here,then it always amazes me the ott nitpicking sense of legality regarding cards and the misuse thereof…

dieseldog999:
…as the years progresses and especially in here,then it always amazes me the ott nitpicking sense of legality regarding cards and the misuse thereof…

^
This
We always run between our two yards which is only 400metres apart without card for loading/tipping, saves overall working/driving time and its gone on for years, no harm ever done. Some seem to go way ott regarding the tacho :unamused:

Tankerman24:
In the next few weeks I will be attending a local truck show in my truck.The show is only around thee miles from the yard. How do I stand tacho wise ? Im guessing I need to use my tacho in the normal way. another driver said I can just do a print out at the end of the day and write an explanation on it. I know there used to be a thing called “Out of Scope” but Im sure this isn’t legal anymore.

Ask yourself this…

…what would dozy do?

Then do the opposite

Tuckert92:

Tankerman24:

Ask yourself this…

…what would dozy do?

Then do the opposite

Great advice :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Tankerman24:

How about doing something more interesting, on your long weekend off :bulb:

Suedehead:

Tankerman24:

How about doing something more interesting, on your long weekend off :bulb:

What like? Fishing? Train spotting? Sun bathing? Making match stick models of boats? One mans meat is another mans poison