Atlantico restaurant.Porto.Portugal

It was a South African lady who ran it with her dippy hubby,heard she did the rounds with the drivers,and couple would park their car there for drivers to see them at it.The food was dodgy,but all the Brits loved their weekends off there on the beach.The parrot bar was not too bad,by the port of Leca de Palmeira,in the Matosinhos area.Ricardo was the owner,with a pay phone that seemed high in costs to use it.It had a meter,and pay for each unit used.

i remember many happy weekends at the atlantico,used to see the locals at it in there cars,but i must say i never had a dodgy meal there but you did have to watch your change when paying, i think the owner was a girl called maria,quite a nice looking girl, but never had the pleasure,the whole country was rampent with gonoeria,if you came out of their place and turned left keeping the atlantic on your left,about a kilometer down the road was a lovely resturant,and the food was really good there and not a rip off. :laughing:

Seeing this post about Rickys Bar, what was the sandwich they did meat and a spicy sauce tasty with a beer. Could be dodgy next morning tho.

The spicy beef sarnie is a Bifana,yes,it gave you the toilet visit,yes there were many young rampant couples in the area,and not afraid of bearing all behind the steamy windows.

The area oppostite the port has been transformed,Matosinhos used to a smelly fisherman`s market area,now its trendy shops,a new tram line system,all modern like Porto is now.The sea was too cold to swim even in the summer,and with the oil and petrol refinery there,you would stink of tar,and the beach was dirty.

The bar was owned by a old chap called pop, his son george was marias Husband ( He was as bent as a ten bob note ) Had many a weekend there.

Downtown Porto was not too bad to walk around for a few hours to kill.