ATKI & CAT D9 how many axles to move this today?

this was many years ago when i was a kid on my saturday morning ride out.

scraper box,talk about all over the road like a caravan in a huricane.

front of a rolled motor scraper.

this atki is the first truck i ever drove when i was about 7-8 years old :open_mouth:

Crackin stuff that, you might have guessed I like the old plant as well Cat!

That looks suspiciously like an ex-Northern Ireland Trailers tractor. Am I right?

Where were Bullen & Davies located?

i dont know where the tractor came from marky,the company was based in wigan.
the unit was sold to someone near to yourself in parbold if my memory is correct.

Ahh - that’s why I know it!!

It was sold to a chap called Harry McGrath who used to run tippers. He was down in the ‘bone-hole’ at Appley Bridge for a good few years.

any idea if it is still around today?
be great to see it again.

I seriously doubt it.

Harry ran a lot of ex-Pilkington Glass tractors - SA 400s chiefly. The paint job had to be seen to be believed - lemon yellow, no lettering and looked like it had been applied with a stick!!

He certainly went through them - I knew the chap who used to sell them to him and he used to shake his head in disbelief at the way they were treated.

If none of the 400s survived (which they didn’t) then the Atki definitely went the way of the gas axe…

marky:
I
If none of the 400s survived (which they didn’t) then the Atki definitely went the way of the gas axe…

You don’t need a gas axe for an Atki - one little match will do :cry:

Salut, David.

It sounds like you speak from experience Spardo.

Is this the case?

you would have to dry this one out first,water just ran into the cab when it rained. :frowning: