Athens Advise please

Hi.
Anyone know which is the cheapest/best/quickest ferry to use to get from Italy to Grease?
I am loading in Ashford on Monday and have to tip on Thursday in Athens.
I will be in a VAN,so any help will be gratefull.

When you get to Ancona make sure you get on the ferry to Greece & you will get there quicker.Hope this helps?
Or,if its Grease the musical this might help?

NorthamptonDerngate Theatre30 April — 5 May
Stoke On TrentRegent Theatre7 — 12 May
SheffieldLyceum Theatre14 — 19 May
NewcastleTheatre Royal3 — 14 July
PlymouthTheatre Royal16 — 21 July
SouthendCliffs Pavilion30 July — 4 August
LlandudnoVenue Cymru6 — 11 August
BournemouthBournemouth Pavillion13 — 18 August
EastbourneCongress Theatre20 — 25 August
DartfordThe Orchard Theatre27 August — 1 September
DunfermlineAlhambra Theatre17 — 22 September
IpswichIpswich Regent24 — 29 September
SouthseaThe Kings Theatre1 — 6 October

I suppose Ancona-Patras is the obvious route, although I don’t know what the prices are. Try Anek, Superfast or Minoan Lines for a price.

I would also check to see if there are any strikes planned, as the ferries have been severely disrupted recenty because of them. You may have to do the long drive through Romania etc. if there are strikes and you are on a deadline.

Cheers all…I was going to use this one
25/04/2012, 20:00

26/04/2012, 12:30

HSF Superfast II

PATRAS - BARI

27/04/2012, 18:00

28/04/2012, 08:30

HSF Superfast I

Its about 400 quid return for a minibus but nothing about vans

Expect to pay nearer 500 quid each way in a van.

GBPub:
Expect to pay nearer 500 quid each way in a van.

Pooh,thats expensive,just checked superfast Ancona route and only 300 return for what they class as a 6m car??..But again no van option

Niffty50:
Pooh,thats expensive,just checked superfast Ancona route and only 300 return for what they class as a 6m car??..But again no van option

If your carrying freight, do it properly and expect to pay freight rates. No £5 SUN tourist vouchers accepted on these routes

GBPub:

Niffty50:

If your carrying freight, do it properly and expect to pay freight rates. No £5 SUN tourist vouchers accepted on these routes

I don’t read the Sun …
I have Emailed them and they have confirmed 375 euro’s each way,so now booked.
Thanks all.

Always worth talking to Viamare Travel in London. They are the main UK agent for all the greek ferry companies. We have always found them to be competitive on price and reliable with confirmed bookings.

viamare.com/index.html

Ex Haulier:
Always worth talking to Viamare Travel in London. They are the main UK agent for all the greek ferry companies. We have always found them to be competitive on price and reliable with confirmed bookings.

viamare.com/index.html

Many thanks for that,but booked it now with Superfast.But worth a look next time.
:wink:

went last year in 17 tonne and was charged 50 euro import and 50 euro export tax in cash(receipt given] at the port upon arrival and departure

superfast is the way but for some reason we always went to brindisi and some wreck of a ferry :cry:

war1974:
superfast is the way but for some reason we always went to brindisi and some wreck of a ferry :cry:

yeah ancona where the posh ferries and the further south u went in italy the crappier the ferries got :smiley:

tull2468:

war1974:

yeah ancona where the posh ferries and the further south u went in italy the crappier the ferries got :smiley:

What are you lorry drivers or cruise ship passengers? :laughing:

When I used to go Brindisi, they were carrying livestock in open sided tilt trailers :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:

tull2468:

war1974:

What are you lorry drivers or cruise ship passengers? :laughing:

When I used to go Brindisi, they were carrying livestock in open sided tilt trailers :open_mouth:

some off them brindisi ferrys the drivers where livestock,four drivers in a little cabin if you stuck your arm out of the bunk u could pick the mans nose in the opposite bed. :smiley:

Brindisi was always the way for me…more scantily clad backpackers down there than any of the other ports :sunglasses:

Anyway, Ancona was for wimps, the real Italy doesn’t start until you go a couple of hundred clicks further south :wink:

When I was with an Ital coy I used to ship Patras to Brindisi empty to Solero & load strawberry for Berlin.
Tip Berlin empty to Heidelburg load mustard for Athens. That kept me happy for a little while.The firm was based in Cesana so I said hello once in a while.