Atego 815 Engine Diagnostics System

Hoping you can help with this one!

I have a 2004 Atego 815, and recently the Brake Wear Warning Light has started showing (see photo below). Thing is, this lorry has been stood still for a little while now - the warning light came on one of the times I was starting her up to tick her over, but she hadn’t moved at all since the time before when I started her up and there was no warning light.

There has been an issue with rats at the place where she is parked, and I am a bit concerned that maybe one of them has chewed through a wire to one of the sensors? I have had a good look around underneath but can see no damage, but am imagining that the sensors are pretty well hidden, behind the wheels, so maybe I wouldn’t see it?

Otherwise, is it possible for the sensors to get an issue from corrosion or other damage from just sitting around? Or the brake hardware to get damaged in this way?

Incidentally, the amber ABS warning light has been showing for some time now - several mechanics have said they think that there is probably some dust on the sensor. Could this be related?

Any pointers or advice that you can give massively appreciated!

Does anyone happen to know whereabouts the brake wear sensors are on this model?

Look for a wire going to the brake pads.
edit, or if somethings chewed through it, a wire dangling freely somewhere near the brake pads.

I’ve moved this over to the PDF from the Computer forum, more likely to get answers there.

Is it a full air system, or one of those silly partial hydraulic systems? I’m thinking might be low fluid warning,

And are you sure that light doesnt tell you about more than one fault?

ABS - Solenoid valves perhaps?

Wear warning system is built into the calipers, Debris on the sensor would only effect the system as it builds up speed, should not be there on initial start up.
Best to get it plugged in, solenoid valves on Ategos are a common problem.

Dave…