At Last! Tippers are History! Advice in Swindon Needed.

Finally got out of the tipping game!
Two hell driving jobs have nearly put me off for life.
Now got a job on general in Swindon for SW Group.
Has or is anyone on there and what are they like?
They can’t be worse than being a monkey in a tipper for sure.

Since its general expect the unexpected and be prepared to get creative with your strapping.

Click below - mods I tried to keep swearing out of sight.

20 mins sat in an RDC waiting room listening to all the stories and you’ll be wishing you were back in your tipper. :laughing: :laughing:

andrewv8:
20 mins sat in an RDC waiting room listening to all the stories and you’ll be wishing you were back in your tipper. :laughing: :laughing:

Never!

Used to do collections from schneider west brom n they was in their. the drivers i spoke to had it very easy. that was a couple of years ago and i doubt its changed.

Oh dear general, if you want trucking nirvana avoid the for profit sector like the bubonic plague.

They seem to have a few dedicated contracts.
Just sick of being knee and axle deep in crap and working for bullies who put you under pressure, giving you relics to drive and then have the cheek to blame you for it when the break.

Steve66:
Finally got out of the tipping game!
Two hell driving jobs have nearly put me off for life.
Now got a job on general in Swindon for SW Group.
Has or is anyone on there and what are they like?
They can’t be worse than being a monkey in a tipper for sure.

What were you doing driving Radders’ wagon on Friday for then? :laughing:

Don’t start Nathan.
The amount of times you slagged off tippers when on the Wonga Wagons and look what you are back doing lol.
It was a favour for Radders as I don’t start until the 16th.
Glad I did it.
It reminded me how ■■■■■ it is lol.
Doing another day tomorrow and that’s it.

The Wonga Wagons would put anyone off tippers. :laughing: One new Wonga recruit lasted a week…
TBH I only came back to tippers because of the job I do now, decent tipper jobs around our way are rare as rocking horse excrement.

I spoke to two of their drivers as I live in Swindon myself one said if you want the urine extracted out of you then work for SW,the other has been with them since july [I think] last year and he rates them quite well,so two different opinions,all you can do is see for yourself,make up your own mind

truckman020:
I spoke to two of their drivers as I live in Swindon myself one said if you want the urine extracted out of you then work for SW,the other has been with them since july [I think] last year and he rates them quite well,so two different opinions,all you can do is see for yourself,make up your own mind

That’s what I intend to do but fore warned is fore armed so they say.
As for them taking the urine, I’ve just worked for two tipper firms which took buckets of it.
Thanks for your comment.

It was amazing that your last lot couldn’t understand that you lost an hour and half of driving time everyday travelling to and from the quarry/tip. Then again the Wonga wagon lot struggled with the concept of using the 10th driving hour to get back to base, instead of using it to squeeze an extra load in (which they got no extra for as it was on day rate :laughing: )
Are you on nights out working for SW?

I have known and worked with SW way back to 1985 . People running the company all been there for ages . Beats any Wincanton / Dhl etc hands down. Get in there work well turn up on time you will do well.

That was my argument Nathan.
Two were based at the quarry and I was based in the yard.
They went like the clappers and I had to do the same!
Nights out?
He said he can’t guarantee them.
I didn’t ask for them lol.
But I’d do a couple a week if I can get them.
I overheard a lot on the cb on Friday m8.
I don’t think they realised I was there lol.

sean2932:
I have known and worked with SW way back to 1985 . People running the company all been there for ages . Beats any Wincanton / Dhl etc hands down. Get in there work well turn up on time you will do well.

Thanks Sean.
Any info is appreciated.

Steve66:
I overheard a lot on the cb on Friday m8.
I don’t think they realised I was there lol.

I rarely listen to cb channel 5 for that reason mate (if it seemed I was ignoring you I probably had the cb switched off or on 36) ■■■■■■■■ and interfering with general verbal diarrhoea thrown in. Ever tried getting directions off someone? Mid sentance the guy helping you will be cut off by someone talking ■■■■■■■■, slating someone else etc.
I like the fact we don’t tip there now, some of the subbies get upset because they don’t know what we’re doing. When they ask I feed them misinformation, to which I’ve heard has upset a few. :laughing:

You are right m8.
Channel 5 is a load of crap.
Everyone on there knows everything and everyone.
Cutting off mid sentence is true as well.
Never mind.
One more day.

Never understood why they announce “one for the tip” so ■■■■■■ what? Get on with it.
I never need to ask if it’s recyclable; if it is we certainly don’t take it there. :wink:
Will keep an eye out tomorrow for you, I’m starting a big stone job of our own out of Burford, running to Blenheim Palace. Guaranteed to wind up the subbies of Facebook. :laughing: