At last a proper job

Hi all just thought id post this thread to say ive finally got a job and a truck of my own working for a drainage company and il be driving a 20 ton daf tanker truck i dont start for another week but im really looking forward to it.Ive been working for a large building materials company as a relief driver where i had to drive hiab wagons which i wasnt really into because i got passed around different depots and the trucks i was driving werent in the best condition.i only passed my test may 2011 and ive worked at the builders merchants for only 6 months but in that time ive constantly looked on the net for jobs i havent tryed the agencies but i have only applied for a handfull of jobs now the tanker job ive got said i needed experience just like th rest of them do ive just ignored this when ive applied for jobs because i think its ■■■■■■■■ if youve passed your test you can drive a truck because you have to have something about you to do it not everyone can and some people on the road carnt even drive a car :open_mouth: so instead of letting this experience thing put you off applying for certain jobs dont apply for everything you never know what might come back from it . :smiley:

Congratulations on the job really pleased for you , and your attitude helps, just apply for everything they can only say no after all and as you have found out , sometimes it pays off :wink:

well done

Well done mate i’m really pleased for you.

I have done a bit on the honey tankers. I would say be very careful about your personal hygiene always wear gloves and use barrier cream as well.

thanks for the comments looking forward to it but stuck working notice this week which is a shame carnt wait to get going its an 18 ton tanker so im thinking its the daf lf model he said its a daf anyway ive drove the daf cf which was a manual that was a bit rough it had covered nearly 400,000 miles tho on a 54 plate and ive drove an auto daf lf which i loved it was really smooth it had only done 174,000 kilometers both hiab wagons whatever it is i dont care its a step forward to getting that adr and hopefully getting on the petrol tankers in the next 18 months hopefully fingers crossed anyone drove petrol tankers?