At dover now what to do?

I was hoping for bit of asdvice , im at dover waiting fo go to calais but my 15 hour shift has just run out , if when the ferry comes and I get on it when does my shift finsih ? when I get parked at the other end ? or shoulod I end it on the ferry ? first trip over the water

Thanks
lorryday

If it was me I would write on the card in big letters. Delayed by Operation Stack and ship over. It is checkable and the bloody tunnel is a disgrace this weekend.

There isn’t anything you can do about it and pulling out is not an option

blueroom1:
I was hoping for bit of asdvice , im at dover waiting fo go to calais but my 15 hour shift has just run out , if when the ferry comes and I get on it when does my shift finsih ? when I get parked at the other end ? or shoulod I end it on the ferry ? first trip over the water

Thanks
lorryday

Hi mate, book off where you are and add 30 mins for interupting your break loading onto the ferry then another 30 mins for the second interuption of your 11 hrs unloading from the ferry, complete your daily rest in Calais obviously adding the two half hrs.

Have a good trip my friend & good luck.

Ross.

Thanks a lot, So my shift has ended at 22.00 then (thats when the 15 was up) the ferry was meant to be 21.15 , then when get parked in Calais, :open_mouth: Got high value as well need secure place) im to start an 11 hour rest , plus the two 30 minutes added on until I can go agaiin ? that right?

Thanks for the help Im going to Eindhoven in the 12 tonner , never been over here in anyu thing bigger than a people carrier before

De-camp to the Albion for a hour to gather thoughts. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

put it in transmarck which is secure and only about 15 mins off the boat its sign posted off the motorway

blueroom1:
Thanks for the help Im going to Eindhoven in the 12 tonner , never been over here in anyu thing bigger than a people carrier before

Don’t forget the vignette.

You need a vignette for vehicles which are “12 tonnes or over” so depending on the exact plated weight, he might not need one.

Ben9:

Does the Cinque Port still do a lock in ? :laughing:

Suedehead:

Ben9:

Does the Cinque Port still do a lock in ? :laughing:

Not now, you have just spoiled it for dozens of drivers! :laughing:

just got back and into maidstone services :imp: £28 :imp: for parking on a sheet of ice !! robbery.

When I read Vignette I was going to tell you I wont be having any salad !! :smiley:
but then the office rang and told me I needed a road tax ticket called a vignette It starts at 4 tonne now .

12 Euros .

Im posting a blog later tommorrow maybe so Im getting my head down but thanks to those that replied . thanks a lot
lorryday

blueroom1:
When I read Vignette I was going to tell you I wont be having any salad !! :smiley:
but then the office rang and told me I needed a road tax ticket called a vignette It starts at 4 tonne now .

12 Euros .

Not until 2012 it doesn’t and it will be 3.5t not 4t

The so-called ‘Eurovignette’ Directive was adopted in May 2006 after informal talks held in December 2005 between the European Parliament, the EU Council of Ministers and the European Commission succeded in securing a compromise package (EurActiv, 16 Dec. 2005).

Under the final deal, the Eurovignette allows EU member states to levy charges on heavy goods transportation vehicles of more than 3.5 tonnes. This represents a significantly lower threshold compared to the previous version of the directive (dated 1999), which only applied to vehicles of more than 12 tonnes. However, the new threshold will only apply as of 2012 and the compromise also allows room for derogations under strict conditions.

http://www.iru.org/index/infocentre-app?id=519&lang=en