Asylum seekers off to Rwanda

The High Court has ruled the Gov scheme to send migrants to Rwanda is lawful.
It hasn`t commented at all about other aspects of course.

£120 million already spent, with more to spend as each asylum seeker is sent there. Value for money?
And we are taking back in an unknown number of asylum seekers that Rwanda doesnt want, so it isnt a reduction of 200 head a year.
No mention that Rwanda are paying us to take in their rejects?

Up to 200 a year, with already 40,000-ish irregular entries this year, I reckon that`s a 200/1 shot of being sent there, if the target is met.
For someone already got through multiple hurdles and prepared to risk their life to get here.
Is that a deterrent?

Is Rwanda a nasty place? The Gov says it is a big opportunity for immigrants.
So, if anyone gets the 200/1 ticket, it isn`t to a hell-hole, it is to somewhere good.
Is that a deterrent?

Lots of (expensive) arm waving and shouting from the Gov achieving? Zilch.

So, a lawful waste of time, effort, and money.

^^^^^^^
Generally speaking,.(so don’t be bombarding me with stats, figures and back up links…pleeease ) maybe the money saved that we constantly wasted on the EU over the years will fund it. :smiley:

robroy:
(so don’t be bombarding me with stats, figures and back up links…pleeease )

OK, I won`t.

You are quite content living in a world free from objective fact, so I won`t bother trying to change that.

At the first push of the looney left lawyer establishment - the government should have scrapped the entire thing, and simply adopted a policy of “Internment” until the interred agreed to be deported to whatever country abroad they nominated…

One place that you find a dearth of legal aid laywer representations is the court of appeal section of the criminal justice system…

“Remand in custody” anyone arrested for any jailable crime - and they’ll be lost in the system for so long, that sure enough - the "no speake english,no papers"types willquickly learn the local lingo, not to get their “rights” or a fully-paid-up lawyer on their case - but to simply be put on the next vessel out of the country again!

It’s all about “Obtaining Loser’s Consent”…

Another solution would be to STOP providing legal aid AT ALL to cases that are not in the UK public’s interest (f… the foreign liberals that continue to try and wag our own legal system around like they own it!)

We’ve left the EU. It’s time we stopped enforcing any EU legal BS.

We could do with leaving the CHR and the Paris Accord as well, and even NATO - That way, we could form new alliances that make us prosper as a country WORTH emmigrating to, rather than some international dumping ground for mostly talentless would-be benefit scroungers, that skirt the system by joining “family already here” as an “dependent” thus boosting the incumbent family’s benefits, whilst the new arrival quickly disappears into the black economy, no restrictions on them at all - other than to “get a job” which they cannot do without a work permit. Great. Not a well-thought-out system what we currently have - is it?

Another solution is to heavily tax the trafficers, and jail those who’ve taken money and not paid such taxes for tax fraud…

This would include the vessels that currently pick up people in the channel, bringing them here rather than France which was likely closer at the point of pickup…

An “Import Duty” perhaps?

say, 25 persons @ £1500 tax a pop payable by the skipper of the vessel (vessel confiscated, all on board arrested - if not paid!) - might discourage anyone except a well-funded charity from bringing in any further boatloads that way eh?

Until we get such new legistation in placethough, how about some serious jail time for such skippers in general?

They know what they do is illegal.
They’ve taken money to do this illegal thing.
People sometimes die, but strangely not the skippers in doing this thing to…

BUST them all!

Franglais:

robroy:
(so don’t be bombarding me with stats, figures and back up links…pleeease )

OK, I won`t.

You are quite content living in a world free from objective fact, so I won`t bother trying to change that.

Yep…but c’mon admit it, you know you want to. :laughing:

I’d shoot the ■■■■■■■ lot , we had a fraudulent contract took out on a phone by some foreigner using our address , now this foreign ■■■■ has joined some gym using our address ,the amount of ■■■■■■■ hassle it causes
Never some British name , always some ee

Winseer:
At the first push of the looney left lawyer establishment - the government should have scrapped the entire thing, and simply adopted a policy of “Internment” until the interred agreed to be deported to whatever country abroad they nominated…

One place that you find a dearth of legal aid laywer representations is the court of appeal section of the criminal justice system…

“Remand in custody” anyone arrested for any jailable crime - and they’ll be lost in the system for so long, that sure enough - the "no speake english,no papers"types willquickly learn the local lingo, not to get their “rights” or a fully-paid-up lawyer on their case - but to simply be put on the next vessel out of the country again!

It’s all about “Obtaining Loser’s Consent”…

Another solution would be to STOP providing legal aid AT ALL to cases that are not in the UK public’s interest (f… the foreign liberals that continue to try and wag our own legal system around like they own it!)

We’ve left the EU. It’s time we stopped enforcing any EU legal BS.

We could do with leaving the CHR and the Paris Accord as well, and even NATO - That way, we could form new alliances that make us prosper as a country WORTH emmigrating to, rather than some international dumping ground for mostly talentless would-be benefit scroungers, that skirt the system by joining “family already here” as an “dependent” thus boosting the incumbent family’s benefits, whilst the new arrival quickly disappears into the black economy, no restrictions on them at all - other than to “get a job” which they cannot do without a work permit. Great. Not a well-thought-out system what we currently have - is it?

Another solution is to heavily tax the trafficers, and jail those who’ve taken money and not paid such taxes for tax fraud…

This would include the vessels that currently pick up people in the channel, bringing them here rather than France which was likely closer at the point of pickup…

An “Import Duty” perhaps?

say, 25 persons @ £1500 tax a pop payable by the skipper of the vessel (vessel confiscated, all on board arrested - if not paid!) - might discourage anyone except a well-funded charity from bringing in any further boatloads that way eh?

Until we get such new legistation in placethough, how about some serious jail time for such skippers in general?

They know what they do is illegal.
They’ve taken money to do this illegal thing.
People sometimes die, but strangely not the skippers in doing this thing to…

BUST them all!

You do realise, that the boats that are doing that, are either Borderforce, or RNLI boats? And you want to put them in jail?

I’m out. I’m not bothering arguing with you. It only gives you oxygen. Good luck in your new Jerusalem.

I did mention that “well funded charities” are the only ones able to afford the charges I suggested…

We’re still hearing tales of “Boat overturned, dozens dead” -which was not these “charity” vessels though.

“Lack of punishment” means “continue with impunity” for these people.

It only takes a statutory instrument to stop the charities doing the wrong thing on top.

I’m sick of hearing tales of “100 innocents killed to punish a single villain” whilst we won’t risk a single innocent to get rid of 100 villains.
That difference, of course, is what divides Right and Left in politics.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Where’s the future upside for those people who continue to vote Labour in this country?
What do you think you’ll be getting with a Keir Starmer future majority?
I would imagine that on day one “Sir” Keir will say “All those upside promises I made - Alas, the Tories left us so far underwater that I cannot implement a single one of them. Austerity must continue, but I’ll do it by doubling council taxes, so people in Blue areas end up losing a lot more than places like Toxteth do…”

Labour don’t need to crash the housing market so leftie students can buy a house out of benefit income again - Sunak is already well on the way to doing that!