Aston Clinton Haulage

Hi folks

Currently I’m signed to Driver Hire looking for temporary work until I get my class 1 and find a proper job. Just got a call from the office saying I got a job on this afternoon. I’ll be working for a firm in Aylesbury called Aston Clinton Haulage, going to Hemel hempstead to pick up a van or lorry and drive to Ilkeston to make 1 drop and come back. Anyone have any info or background on this company please or has someone done what I’m doing before in the past.

Many thanks

JB

I thought they got taken over by Nobby Deathstrangler years ago■■?

Aston Clinton Haulage is a firm based in the Village of Aston Clinton near Hemel Hempsted. They are now owned by Norbert’s and run Polish Registered LHD vehicles from there with a mix of Polish/English drivers.

There’s a few threads about them on here I think. I heard a story about them soon after ND took over but I’m not sure the claims were substantiated at all.

Let us know how it goes.

Alex

When I worked for Norbert at St Malo we had to diesel up in ND yards if possible ,ACH were on an Industrial Estate then ,so don’t know why they have moved to a small village as it was quite a large yard with warehousing.

kerbut:
When I worked for Norbert at St Malo we had to diesel up in ND yards if possible ,ACH were on an Industrial Estate then ,so don’t know why they have moved to a small village as it was quite a large yard with warehousing.

Probably changed when they went to ND’s but I know prior to that they still kept the original yard as well as the larger one.

Are you allowed to operate Polish registered vehicles from a UK operating centre?

Harry Monk:
Are you allowed to operate Polish registered vehicles from a UK operating centre?

Although which agency in any position of authority might care to offend the mighty Brussels/Strasbourg monopoly?

kerbut:

ACH’s Aston Clinton yard is/was a dog food factory,they moved to Haddenham years ago.

transporttribunal.gov.uk/jud … cision.doc

old but ineresting
i know all companies have been through this

Happy Keith:

Harry Monk:

Although which agency in any position of authority might care to offend the mighty Brussels/Strasbourg monopoly?

Interesting point, but change the record, eh? :wink:

I also thought Aids, Crabs and Herpes/Andy Capp Haulage disappeared into the ND empire years ago, didn’t realise they were still using the old name.

Yep, here’s what an ACH truck used to look like, haven’t seen one for 20 years.