Asten

NICK BASFORD:
Wot a pleasure to stay at a nice clean truckstop
Showers are excellent
Food wot more can i say/Good choice served by very freindly staff who all speak English .
Been stopping at Asten for many years weekended and just odd nights.
I was parked with a mate of mine last summer there when it was very hot, sat out side having a nice cool beer, no hassle like i sed good food WHERE CAN YOU DO THAT IN THE UK .
and if you fancy a walk you can go down to the town .It has many good bars restraunts shops barbers etc
Much betta than the Texaco at Venlo
And as for paying to park wots the problem i dont want to spend my time off on an industrial estate.

Yup agreed. But free parking is always better :wink:

NOTHING FREE IN THIS JOB MATE
If you go to Venlo At the fruit market you can park for nothing and get the bus into Venlo
nice place for a stroll around and pass the time away.
i see the free parking at juntion 29 against the Merc garage NOT FOR ME mate
regards Nick

NICK BASFORD:
If you go to Venlo At the fruit market you can park for nothing and get the bus into Venlo
regards Nick

You can park for free at asten , just not in the new bit. Which is annoying if you arrive late and can’t get on the free park . especially when the free park is full of drivers warming up time of beans and you intend to use the restaurant but still have to pay the parking.

with all the good recommendations ive googled it and stored it for future referance although i dont generally go that way.

http://www.truckstop.nl/english/landkaart.htm

:wink: :wink:

turnip:

NICK BASFORD:
regards Nick

You can park for free at asten , just not in the new bit. Which is annoying if you arrive late and can’t get on the free park . especially when the free park is full of drivers warming up time of beans and you intend to use the restaurant but still have to pay the parking.

I NO ITS FREE MATEY BUT I LIKE TO HAVE A PARKING TICKET OFF THE GIRLS TO PUT AS EXPENSES
IT ALL HELPS I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A PARKING TICKET AT ASTEN IF YOU EAT THERE ITS NOT A PROBLEM

Forgive me for asking but are you stuck in a time-warp,the reason I ask this I know for a fact you left Trans Am in @ 2007 after approx 2 years in employment, isn’t time you moved on & stop posting pics from 2006, they’re a little bit boring…

sweet truck haul:
Forgive me for asking but are you stuck in a time-warp,the reason I ask this I know for a fact you left Trans Am in @ 2007 after approx 2 years in employment, isn’t time you moved on & stop posting pics from 2006, they’re a little bit boring…

STALKER ALERT :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

He posted pictures so those that have never been there could visulise it. Where is the harm in that? Asten is a good truckstop and if people can benefit by going there then great!

Ah, thanks, I’ll give that one a try next time I’m out that way, I pass Venlo very regularly and it’s not at all uncommon for me to be looking for somewhere to overnight in the area. If I’d known before that it was a good one, maybe I’d still have the diesel that I had syphoned off that time I stopped in the Shell station about 20km west of there…

turnip:

NICK BASFORD:
Showers are excellent
Food wot more can i say/Good choice served by very freindly staff who all speak English .
I was parked with a mate of mine last summer there when it was very hot, sat out side having a nice cool beer, no hassle like i sed good food WHERE CAN YOU DO THAT IN THE UK .
and if you fancy a walk you can go down to the town .It has many good bars restraunts shops barbers etc
And as for paying to park wots the problem i dont want to spend my time off on an industrial estate.

Yes but it won’t stay that way for long, once the Commies get a sniff of free parking it’ll be full by two o’clock in the afternoon and I really want to see the Staff at Asten enforce the you must buy a meal to park rule then. the only reason this has been a good park up is that you had to spend 10Euro a day to get your exit ticket, I was there last year and it was painfull watching the Greek boys trying to work out how many coffees and cokes they had to buy

Gunner Til I Die:

turnip:

NICK BASFORD:
Showers are excellent

Yes but it won’t stay that way for long, once the Commies get a sniff of free parking it’ll be full by two o’clock in the afternoon and I really want to see the Staff at Asten enforce the you must buy a meal to park rule then. the only reason this has been a good park up is that you had to spend 10Euro a day to get your exit ticket, I was there last year and it was painfull watching the Greek boys trying to work out how many coffees and cokes they had to buy

Yip agreed.

It’s getting like that now. Rammed with taliban in the parking. Restaurant not that busy. The extended secure parking (2hrs free then 50c per hour, maximum €10 I think, has loads of room any time of day or night)