Assessment

Afternoon all.

Have an assessment for Morrisons Yate RDC Monday morning @8AM.

As I am coming back to driving from past sins as financial servbices and electrical contracting, can anyone tell me what to expect? I recently went through a refresher with Dynamic Driver Training WsM and did okay:)

I am aware Morrisons are moving to Bridgwater soon whiuch is okay for me at West Wick, just a short 19 mile trip down the motorway.

Looking forward to actually being able to earn money again. I would also like to get assessments for Tesco and Sainburys as I am mid way to all these RDC’s.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards

Dave J.

Know your highway code and all your tacho regs, play everything by the book, stick to speed limits, drive steady, will have a bit of reversing to do probably ay the end. Best of luck. I would try and stick with Morrisons if you live near Weston apparently it gets unloaded whilst you sit in the cab, happy days. :sunglasses:

Many thanks ‘Bald Bloke’ :smiley:

When you go out to the lorry to do your assessment drive make sure you carry out your daily checks on the vehicle, dont forget the horn (pg9 horn not working) ask the assessor to check your brake light for you. In the truck adjust the seat and mirrors to your settings; he will be impressed with that. On the drive don’t speed, maintain good all-round observation and leave yourself space, (leave yourself an out) No harsh accelerating, No harsh braking, keep it smooth and you should have a job. :slight_smile: Good Luck :slight_smile:

A bit of a stoopid one, but apparently it can impress them . . .

Take your hi vis off when you get into the drivers seat . . .

The reflection of your own stripes in the windscreen can be deemed as a ‘hazard’ (allegedly)

And expect your “onto the bay reverse” to be onto bay 13 :wink:

Whatever you do just dont ■■■■ up :open_mouth:

schrodingers cat:
Whatever you do just dont [zb] up :open_mouth:

Well, almost did :smiley: Caught the kerb a couple of time but knew I had. I was told it was an average assessment but only because I got on the bay first time but as the assessor said he ‘knew that I had not driven for some time by my errors…but got it all together enough at the end to approve me for Morrissons contract.’

Silly flaming gear knob. Thought at first it was the heater control :laughing:

When I worked at DHL I was a driving assessor and if you hit the kerb once you failed! Its a bit of a worry that Morrisons have such low standards.

theonlybigman:
When I worked at DHL I was a driving assessor and if you hit the kerb once you failed! Its a bit of a worry that Morrisons have such low standards.

When I say ‘hit the kerb’ I mean a slight kiss, not a full blooded thump or ride over.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Kiss the assessors arse and laugh at his jokes in an exaggerated manner agree with everything he says and tell him how helpful he has been and also that you have learned some very useful tips. The job will be yours. :smiley: :smiley: