Assessment Part 2

Have a assessment tomorrow at a very well known supermarket. It’s only a part time job to get some extra hours and cash as I have a fair bit of driving hours that can be used on my days off. Swat up time tonight on driving/tacho hours etc as they are pretty hot on those. To be honest I’m looking forward to it and a bit jittery…

All the best with it :laughing: :laughing:

Indeed, best of luck with it. :slight_smile:

I have never done a Supermarket assessment so haven’t a clue what you can expect.

Thanks boys, its a large supermarket with ‘Green’ tractor units. No idea as to what is involved in the assessment but assume all the usual things like driving, tacho & all other regs will be thrown in. Will post the result tomorrow after it’s all done and dusted.

Ah, I have the Corgi model that they sell instore. :slight_smile:

Wozzer:
Ah, I have the Corgi model that they sell instore. :slight_smile:

And you about to work for the competition :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Turned up and was presented with a A4 sheet of paper with bits missing. Have a read and fill in the blanks. After that I was taken to the lorry and did the daily checks then drove to the next yard and picked up the trailer unit. After coupling it up we went for a drive around Wokingham and back to the depot. Once we found an empty space and I reversed in, uncoupled and that was that. Unfortunately I didn’t pass this time as I ‘don’t have enough Class1 experience’. Nothing else was wrong just not enough experience, fine but give me a bl***y chance to gain some. If they need drivers that take me on and let me loose with a short trailer(which they have) and I’ll prove that all will be well. To be honest I was hoping that they would take me on as it’s a great place to work at.

Paul-H:
Unfortunately I didn’t pass this time as I ‘don’t have enough Class1 experience’. Nothing else was wrong just not enough experience,

Did they know about your lack of experience before the assessment :question:
If yes, why did they do the assessment :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :question:

I’m led to believe that the agency informed tham that I had only passed my C+E in April. The examiner even looked and took photocopies of the license so he ‘must’ have seen the dates. What are these people scared of, if my driving was so bad a) I wouldn’t have passed my test & b) he would have stopped me there and then. To be honest I’m getting a bit sick and tired of this 2 year crap and ‘need experiance’. If the tester sees that you can drive ffs give the person a chance. If he’s no good then get rid of him.