Assessment Nerves

Morning,

My friend currently works for Yodel - Wednesbury, passed my details over and I registered online, had an interview and now I have been successful for an assessment.

Thing is where I always get really nervous as I’m still a newbie to it all - has anyone got any advice on this or has done an Assessment at Yodel recently?

Apprantley their looking for a number of Class 1 Drivers just in case anyone else was interested.

Good luck, I’m hoping to apply with yodal once I achieve the licenses, as they are walking distance from me, I can’t offer much advice but if it were me, I’d dress smartly, be polite ask questions and give them a nice smooth economical drive, show them you can be trusted with the load and to do the job as expected… all the best and keep us updated

As above. Plus, research the job so you already know what it’s about and what is expected. Look into the company history a bit to show interest. Make sure you do a walk round check before you drive the truck. And even if you’ve been told it’s been done, still have a quick sprint around it.

Come clean and tell the assessor you’re new. Make sure you know where all the general controls are and ask sensible questions. Always impressive if you check the height of the vehicle.

Good luck with it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Wear/take a hi viz vest and safety shoe/boots (as well as smart clothes as mentioned).

Shows them your ready for action.

Don’t panic, take your time. Your assessor is probably like me- relaxed, friendly and takes nerves into account.
You’d be really unlucky to get a right ■■■■.

Don’t worry about it,just do it.You passed your test so you can do this,as soon as you start driving you’ll relax.Just take your time. :sunglasses:

Hi All,

So I passed!!

Everyone at Yodel was amazing; i’m really looking forward to starting - They mentioned that they are looking for drivers across Shaw, Hatfield & Wednesbury Areas in case i knew anyone. And! to top it off a company that’s giving us newbies are shot is just fantastic as far as i’m concerned - Perm Full Time roles too!!!

Anyways I just wanted to share the news as i’m over the moon and would highly recommend. If anyone is interested they have given me a number if you want to message me!

:slight_smile: