Assessment for C+E Course

Heyup chaps :smiley:

I’ve just had an assessment and a long chat with the chaps at Data Academy with a view to booking my C+E Course in February.

I must say, they seem like a decent bunch of blokes and focus very much so on the handling of the vehicle in forward and some difficult reverses much more than required for the actual test.

I enjoyed the drive, found the full length truck surprisingly compliant under my novice guidance. Seems a whole lot shorter when you have a peek in the mirrors.

In short I loved it and roll on February.

Have a great Christmas chaps, chins up and the very best of luck for 2009.

Is it THIS DATA ACADEMY :question:

Data Academy Website:
Driver CPC
This is not becoming a requirement for new LGV drivers until September 2009 so now is the time to pass your test.
When this becomes law existing LGV licence holders will be “grandfathered” in until 2014 unless making a change to the classes of licence you hold, i.e. category C to C+E then you will require a driver CPC before taking the test. What is a Drivers CPC (Drivers Certificate of Professional Competence)
Drivers are required to complete thirty five hours of training over a five year period, this can be done all at once or can be split up over the five year period. However, each training session must be a minimum of 7 hours. New drivers will have to complete this training before taking their practical test.

Just seen this on thier website and i believe it is wrong? can you confirm or deny it is Rog?

I thought if you had Class C before 2009 it was ok to do your C+E without having to do the CPC until 2014

Hello Rog

Yup, that’s the folks, seem alright to me.

Can’t help with the CPC question though Giblsa.

Giblsa:

Data Academy Website:
Driver CPC
This is not becoming a requirement for new LGV drivers until September 2009 so now is the time to pass your test.
When this becomes law existing LGV licence holders will be “grandfathered” in until 2014 unless making a change to the classes of licence you hold, i.e. category C to C+E then you will require a driver CPC before taking the test. What is a Drivers CPC (Drivers Certificate of Professional Competence)
Drivers are required to complete thirty five hours of training over a five year period, this can be done all at once or can be split up over the five year period. However, each training session must be a minimum of 7 hours. New drivers will have to complete this training before taking their practical test.

Just seen this on thier website and i believe it is wrong? can you confirm or deny it is Rog?

I thought if you had Class C before 2009 it was ok to do your C+E without having to do the CPC until 2014

They have not worded that very well and I will inform them of such.

When the Driver CPC is introduced the progression from C to C+E will NOT CHANGE from what it is now even in the year 2026 - unless they chamge the rules by then of course.

ROG:

Giblsa:

Data Academy Website:
Driver CPC

They have not worded that very well and I will inform them of such.

When the Driver CPC is introduced the progression from C to C+E will NOT CHANGE from what it is now even in the year 2026 - unless they chamge the rules by then of course.

Thanks for brining this to my attention when this was put on the web site it was correct as you know rog we have had more changes to what is/was going to happen over the last two years than I care to remember.

Another job for me to do over the Christmas break if any one picks up any more out of date info on our website please let me know we do sometimes overlook things.

once again thanks and all have a great Christmas and new year