Assessment drives with potential employers

Aye, will let you know how it goes buddy.

4 on 4 off, in my opinion, is a good introduction to tramping. It also puts a good balance between work and social life. My old fella used to do 6 on 2 off and I always thought that was too much, but, it’s a good way to maximise your earnings.

Hardest thing now is reverting back to normal daytime hours. I’ve been working nights for the last month or so, and my sleep cycle is as backwards as it could possibly be!

Evil8Beezle:

Moonpigdan:
Thanks for the replies folks. Apreciate it.

Was it a bonus that i didn’t say anything Dan? :open_mouth:

I’ve sort of got an assessment drive on Saturday mate. But still working out the details, so not 100% confirmed yet. (Agency bollox)
It’s with P&H in Fareham.

The assessment is me doing a days work with the driver, and getting paid full money for it. :grimacing:
And as you’re being nosey; it’s about £13.50 (Saturday rate), but the exact figure in pennies escapes me…
I’m told we will share the driving, and share the work, so probably not too bad.
So if I don’t completely ■■■■ it up, I should be OK to get more work…

Not my dream job, but it’s all about getting experience at the moment! :smiley:
The agency bloke said he had an ADR client in Andover who needed a driver, but my ZERO experience was an issue! :cry:
But that’s fair comment, and Andover is a bit further than i want to travel…

i am supposed to have a driving assessment with P&H hemel on thursday, wont be going now after my assessment with wincanton earlier on this evening. good luck with them, they pay well once your off the agency. hemel pay from 27k upwards

Endgame:
Hardest thing now is reverting back to normal daytime hours. I’ve been working nights for the last month or so, and my sleep cycle is as backwards as it could possibly be!

oh yes, I ‘feel’ for you, that is horrible

hope you will be ‘fixed’ back to normal living hours soon :slight_smile:

nobodysdriving:

Endgame:

oh yes, I ‘feel’ for you, that is horrible

hope you will be ‘fixed’ back to normal living hours soon :slight_smile:

I’m getting there. The missus takes great pleasure in waking me up in a morning to remind me I need to sort my sleep pattern out!

Seen as though I don’t start until Monday, we’re going up to Scotland tomorrow until Saturday (got a static caravan on Luce Bay) so I’ll sort my sleeping out then. I won’t be off until Christmas after this week, so may aswell make the best of this week off!

Nice to hear about both your assessment drives pretty standard stuff then really as long as your safe and not a complete moron you should be fine :slight_smile:

My drive was about 45 mins with aldi and I wasn’t as nervous as in my test. It was more relaxed and the guy assessing me did remind me of this.

So Nobodysdriving…What was just ‘one slip-up’ ? prey tell… you wasn’t wearing heals? or he couldn’t see ya bust…lol

Swampey2418:
So Nobodysdriving…What was just ‘one slip-up’ ? prey tell… you wasn’t wearing heals? or he couldn’t see ya bust…lol

yes I was wearing high heels that is why I ‘slipped up’ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(and after I slipped he saw my ‘bust’) :laughing:

ROG:
Assessors are not looking for a test drive but a competent safe drive

A couple of hours total including a test on the regs & HC is probably about right if unpaid

All day unpaid assessment = BIG NO NO = taking the pee

I have done full day unpaid driving - doing the job next to Assessor.
It resulted in getting away from MultiDrop level into something in my opinion much better…

I have also agreed to drive on asessment without checks - “Assessor: It’s already checked, let’s go…”

During work for both of these companies I experienced 3 very serious technical malfunctions… - maintenance was poor…

Result:

• I got into that type of work that usually asks for experience and which I enjoy more - basically just driving, and very minimal other work… on decent rate, pretty much the same as for Multi Drop jobs, in some cases even more than some Multi Drop jobs…
  • After multiple critical technical malfunctions and failures + circumstances of some other drivers leaving in these companies I got into such trucks I would struggle to get into on other companies, for example currently I really really can’t complain about type, make, year of truck I drive every day and its dedicated as long as I come in and don’t mess up…

So…

This is just so a trainee trainer can take a morning off work .book more assessments. Even when u have no jobs .standard

kyk:
I have also agreed to drive on asessment without checks - “Assessor: It’s already checked, let’s go…”

Are you seriously saying you didn’t check the vehicle prior to going out and trusted the assessor… that’s the first mistake and possible fail of a assessment before you’ve started…

You never move anything unless you can say you’ve physically checked it… How did you know the brake lights and indicators function correctly… did you check them… NO COS THE ASSESSOR DID IT…Not the assessor who’s going to get his collar felt by the fuzz or DVSA if you get pulled…

Might seem as though I’m having a go, but for peat sake man your suppose to be a professional and daily checks are part of your responsibility