Assessment Drives & Daily Rest

Guys pretty routine but confusing question I suppose.

I’ve had a few good opportunities of late for assessment drives but I work M-F nights so I’m out the house with card in tacho on double man shift for 6:45pm and usually removed anywhere between 7:30-8.00am. This can run later but not usual for it to be any later than that.

Diving is split into two periods of 2.5 - 3 hours. Also we have weekly download of our cards so employer is going to see any other work logged on the card.

How do I get round this without breaching tacho regs and also employer seeing the mark on my card?

Thanks

There is no legal way that I can see to stay on MM rules for that shift but you could do assessments either between 8am to 9.45 am or 5pm to 6.45pm to have a 9 hour reduced daily rest

Illegally there is if the assessor will accept that you have mislaid your digicard !!!

Cheers ROG.

Wasn’t quite sure if I wasn’t understanding MM loopholes or not. I keep saying I doubt I could do it but others have said I’d be fine. I couldn’t see it myself. As you say there’s a very small window of opportunity open to me and it’s even more difficult trying to get big companies to commit to the one window in the day that I’m free.

Take a day off its going to show on YOUR card if the company gets in a hump then they really ain’t worth it

If you take a day off and do the assessed drive, and if your employers ask about the use when they down load it, you can always say you were helping a friend and staying legal by using your card.

Or you can just tell them you are looking for a new job because you are not happy. I doubt they will let you take an assessment drive without digi card, but like you said it is very difficult to fit it in and your current employer will know, which is not fair really!

When I asked some companies, about driving assesment. They said you need rest at least 9 hour’s before drive. I working Monday-Friday early start’s, on multi drop, so I have together 3-4 driving hour’s, 10 hour’s working time. So if I start my work at. 3:00am, finish at 1:00pm, and have, 5 hour’s driving, and I start next shift, at 3:00am next day. Can I take assesment, at 3-4pm? I can take assesment on saturday, but most of companies want it on week day’s. I haven’t got my holiday…

elemelek:
… if I start my work at. 3:00am, finish at 1:00pm, and have, 5 hour’s driving, and I start next shift, at 3:00am next day. Can I take assesment, at 3-4pm?..

4pm to 3am is 11 hours rest = regular daily rest so YES

I was thinking that I have to take at least 9hr daily rest before assesment. I asked on 3 companies and that said that to me. On my current employer I took asssemsent on artic, after my shift.

elemelek:
I was thinking that I have to take at least 9hr daily rest before assesment. I asked on 3 companies and that said that to me. On my current employer I took asssemsent on artic, after my shift.

Either they or you were confused because as long as you have all the legally required breaks and rest then it is not an issue

Thanks Rog