Assessment Drive

Anyone done an assessment drive with a company when they aren’t 100%(I’m actually 50/50 after meeting them) sure if they want the job, but already employed elsewhere, ie. it will show up when my card is downloaded.

Thoughts, repercussions, what to do’s, what not to do’s?

Well yes the vehicle’s registration will show up, and your WTD total (if you submit one) won’t tally with the download.

This shows once again the discrimination against lorry and bus drivers, few other groups of working people provide indisputable evidence to their current employer that they might be thinking of leaving, there should be a company card trainers/assessors can use for such things so the applicant can have the same discretion almost every other group are entitled to in their search for a new job.

Would i have done the assessment using my own card unless i was 100% sure i wanted the job…no.

What happens next depends, officially your present employer can’t take it out on you for looking elsewhere but we all know it can happen in subtle ways, they might ask you why you’re not happy and take steps to address any issues, or they might ignore it completely.

The only job i’ve had animosity after putting in my notice was the only job i ever landed from an advert, and the worse job of all i’ve had by a country mile, the office crew blanked me during notice period (no loss), behaved like a bunch of spoiled brats but then the planner did have a serious case of small man syndrome so not a surprise.

How closely do your company monitor their tacho data? Some companies never look at the downloads so wouldn’t notice other vehicle info.
Otherwise, try and use it to your advantage. Tell your boss that another company approached you about a job so you went in to talk about it, but decided to turn it down. Maybe you could tell them about the great terms you were offered and see if your company can do something to match it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CookieMonster:
How closely do your company monitor their tacho data? Some companies never look at the downloads so wouldn’t notice other vehicle info.
Otherwise, try and use it to your advantage. Tell your boss that another company approached you about a job so you went in to talk about it, but decided to turn it down. Maybe you could tell them about the great terms you were offered and see if your company can do something to match it

And in the real world we know that’s not going to happen don’t we

robthedog:

CookieMonster:

And in the real world we know that’s not going to happen don’t we

And the rottweiler has spoken with no hope of any experience in that
It does happen and has happened you just need a pair of balls

CookieMonster:

See I’m kinda thinking this way myself, use it to my advantage. And they do monitor it closely, they pay off it.

But I work for a big firm so in reality I’ll get nothing except dog ■■■■ work until I leave. But that’s all I have had for the last week anyway - the best way to describe working for them is being an agency worker with a uniform.

The other firm I’m getting an assessment for are a fairly big concern too but an out branch. I’m just concerned with what I have heard from them so far, there is no clarity at all, as its on a new contract for them so it’s all ifs but and maybe.

Sound to me like Mr Hydes out coz the big nasty company got his gloves wet.

I’m sure you’ll be alright though sugar puff, after all there’s nowt like keeping the receipt just in case the cake you scoffed didn’t taste good is there…

Dr Jekyll, out. [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Benjie83:
Sound to me like Mr Hydes out coz the big nasty company got his gloves wet.

I’m sure you’ll be alright though sugar puff, after all there’s nowt like keeping the receipt just in case the cake you scoffed didn’t taste good is there…

Dr Jekyll, out. [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Cheers love

surely it cant be any more difficult than,

where did the extra hours driving come from?

i got offered another job because this one is dung and im deciding whether to take it or not…end of conversation.

it might be different if you did the assessment during your working day? if so,a possible slap on the wrist?

dieseldog999:
surely it cant be any more difficult than,

where did the extra hours driving come from?

i got offered another job because this one is dung and im deciding whether to take it or not…end of conversation.

it might be different if you did the assessment during your working day? if so,a possible slap on the wrist?

We have a winner (ding, ding)

I have laid the foundations this morning got the gaffer to say in his own words its ■■■■, so I will just come back to that if and when the question is asked