Assesment

Hi everyone, :laughing:

Im due to do an assesment for Eddie Stobbart on Weds! :open_mouth:

Does anyone have any advice please :wink:

thankyou Eddy :laughing:

It’s not a test :exclamation:
They wil be looking for a SAFE, Smooth, convenient (as poss), economical (as poss) drive with good forward planning. :slight_smile:

Thankyou Rog :laughing:

I think id be more nervous having to drive with hands at 10 to 2!! :open_mouth:

eddy9869:

The DSA do not now insist on that - they say that as long as you have control then it’s OK

The 10 to 2 position is usually the safest though :slight_smile:

ROG:

eddy9869:

The DSA do not now insist on that - they say that as long as you have control then it’s OK

That depends on what each examiner decides is safe i would suggest on a test push n pull … if you cross hands some still deem it’s unsafe .

I must admit that I always got my trainees to do PULL/PUSH when in high range but relaxed that when in low range.

ROG:

I thought it was anywhere between 10 to 2 and a 1/4 to 3? Besides isn’t a quarter to three better for these modern times with steering wheel airbags?

I don’t think these days it matters to much. I never got out of push-pulling, but keep both hands on the wheel at all times unless you need to change gear or do something like it. But remember to get that hand back on the wheel when you’ve done it. Wouldn’t worry about crossing them though.

not sure what depot of Stobs you are going to, the one i worked at for a while it was the first impression that went well, obvious driving as well but the guy doing the assesment ect always looked for the applicant on wether he had a hi vis on?? stupid I know but if it works? he always made some comment if anyone turned up without one and if he saw drivers ect in yard without one he would call you in to wear one.