Asking on behalf of a friend

Good afternoon. Spoke to my mate today and he says that he is going to work tomorrow. I said to him isnt this your weekend off he said yeah but cuz i had monday (bank holiday) off and a saturday gaffer says its ok for me to do this sunday. But last weekend he had 24h rest cuz it was his weekend on. And this coming weekend is his aswell. So i said surely you cant be doing that he said TM said its ok cuz i had monday off. But i thought as long as you are getting paid be it bank holiday or holiday it still goes towards your WTD.

Could someone please clear that up before he gets in trouble. Thank you

Trucker8oy:
Good afternoon. Spoke to my mate today and he says that he is going to work tomorrow. I said to him isnt this your weekend off he said yeah but cuz i had monday (bank holiday) off and a saturday gaffer says its ok for me to do this sunday. But last weekend he had 24h rest cuz it was his weekend on. And this coming weekend is his aswell. So i said surely you cant be doing that he said TM said its ok cuz i had monday off. But i thought as long as you are getting paid be it bank holiday or holiday it still goes towards your WTD. Could someone please clear that up before he gets in trouble. Thank you

not your problem :grimacing: he’s only listening to his TM :laughing:

no m8 his tacho /digi will have the required full rest on from last week so good to go my issue would be with his t.m. monday was official holiday so he shouldnt have to work sat sneeky t.ms for ya :smiley:

Trucker8oy:
Good afternoon. Spoke to my mate today and he says that he is going to work tomorrow. I said to him isnt this your weekend off he said yeah but cuz i had monday (bank holiday) off and a saturday gaffer says its ok for me to do this sunday. But last weekend he had 24h rest cuz it was his weekend on. And this coming weekend is his aswell. So i said surely you cant be doing that he said TM said its ok cuz i had monday off. But i thought as long as you are getting paid be it bank holiday or holiday it still goes towards your WTD.

If, as you say, he only had a reduced rest last week and has had Monday and Saturday off this week it’s very doubtful based on the information given that he can work tomorrow unless he begins a full weekly rest when he finishes tomorrows shift. He will require a regular weekly rest for this week and it doesn’t look like he is getting it.

The WTD thing is not the main issue here. whether or not the Bank Holiday will be calculated as8 hours toward the WTD depends on his holiday entitlements and if the Bank Holidays are part of his statutory days or not. Getting paid for a day you don’t work has no bearing on whether it counts for the WTD or not.

Trucker8oy:

If I’m reading this right he had last Saturday and Monday off but worked last Sunday, if this is correct then his TM is wrong.

As Coffeeholic said the fact that he got paid for Monday isn’t relevant for the drivers hours and tachograph regulations, the fact that he appears not to have had a regular weekly rest period of 45 consecutive hours is all that matters, and that’s why he needs a 45 hour weekly rest period this week.