Ask a grown-up to explain

the word “principles”.

The German team covered their mouths, during a team photo.

The Iranians refused to sing their National Anthem before their game (they have to go back to Iran, and face the consequences for that… )

The English and Welsh teams were told they’d get a yellow card if they wear their “one love” armbands. And cave in…

Ask the grown-up also to point at the spine, on the picture.

Putting your…

Hand over your mouth, yeah, that’s really gonna make the corrupt and twisted organisers think twice.

Surely not turning up at all would have been a better protest?

But that would mean they wouldn’t get paid and have to suffer the free flights and hospitality.

Total and utter ■■■■ show.

yourhavingalarf:
Putting your…

Hand over your mouth, yeah, that’s really gonna make the corrupt and twisted organisers think twice.

But that would mean they wouldn’t get paid and have to suffer the free flights and hospitality.

Total and utter [zb] show.

Is wearing a multi coloured armband going to do much?

And if not, why were they banned?

Gestures, can have much bigger effects than the immediate and obvious ones.

All that rubbish ( armbands etc ) shouldn’t be no where near a World Cup .
That’s coming from my 35 year old gay daughter.
She’s gay not proud or unproud of it , it’s just who she is like any heterosexual person is . No need to go round promoting ( or hiding your gay ) the gay community want to be treated normally at fairly yet all the seem to do is say they are proud to be gay ( as if there something different or special) and wave a flag about and go on marches .
Just live your xxxxxxx life for gods sake .
All her words not mine .

yourhavingalarf:
Putting your…

I think throwing the match was a pretty big protest!

Happy Trucker1:
( or hiding your gay ) .

You’re gay!

[emoji6]

stu675:

Happy Trucker1:
( or hiding your gay ) .

You’re gay!

[emoji6]

Definitely not but have nothing against people who are ,
Apart from the ones that try to ram it down your throat ( umm not the best wording )

I think ^^^ he was alluding to your gay (hinting that you own one) as opposed to you’re gay.

stu675:

yourhavingalarf:
Putting your…

I think throwing the match was a pretty big protest!

I don’t know Stu…

I have no interest in football or watching the world cup.

Apparently though, the Japanese team left their dressing room cleaner and tidier than it was at the start of the match.

Happy Trucker1:
She’s gay not proud or unproud of it , it’s just who she is like any heterosexual person is . No need to go round promoting ( or hiding your gay ) the gay community want to be treated normally at fairly yet all the seem to do is say they are proud to be gay ( as if there something different or special) and wave a flag about and go on marches .
All her words not mine .

If your daughter wanted to go the World Cup, and stay in an hotel, with her husband, she could.
If she wanted to go with her wife, she couldn`t. Is that being treated equally and fairly?

FIFA`s decision to hold it where they did, has taken away the rights of some of their fans and supporters.

I wonder if the visiting European gay fans to the 66 World Cup had the same problems? :bulb: :bulb: …go figure that one.

Law of the land,.it does not matter a flying ■■■■ whether or not a non indigenous gay or straight individual agrees with it,.it’s a case of …‘‘When in Rome etc etc’’.
If you don’t agree with their laws however archaic just don’t go :bulb: …end of.

As for the o/p…
The England FOOTBALL squad are there solely to play FOOTBALL, and go as far as poss in the competition, not to act as some sort of political and/or political correct strike force, :unamused:
If they get booked as threatened,.they can’t play…so where tf do principles come into it.
If they felt bad they should not have flew out, but they did, went out to play FOOTBALL in the spirit of the tournament.
Ffs man. :unamused:

.Whoops wrong button.

robroy:
Law of the land,.it does not matter a flying [zb] whether or not a non indigenous gay or straight individual agrees with it,.it’s a case of …‘‘When in Rome etc etc’’.
If you don’t agree with their laws however archaic just don’t go …end of.

FIFA have chosen to hold their footie show in a country that does not welcome all of FIFA`s supporters.

Qatar has a right to its own laws. FIFA should have been thinking about all of its members, not just the ones approved of by this particular Government.

robroy:
If they get booked as threatened,.they can’t play…so where tf do principles come into it.

Originally it was planned that they would wear rainbow arm band, wasn`t it?
But, FIFA chose to bow to the pressure put on them by the Qatari Gov. And to pass that pressure down to the players themselves.

I do see that the individual players are largely pawns in this game.
But they are being well paid by the FIFA circus for their troubles.

Such a pity for all of those who like seeing scantily clad, fit young men running around. Must put you quite off your stroke.

Franglais:

robroy:
Law of the land,.it does not matter a flying [zb] whether or not a non indigenous gay or straight individual agrees with it,.it’s a case of …‘‘When in Rome etc etc’’.

FIFA have chosen to hold their footie show in a country that does not welcome all of FIFA`s supporters.

Qatar has a right to its own laws. FIFA should have been thinking about all of its members, not just the ones approved of by this particular Government.

Ok so what’s your point?
I ain’t a champion nor an apologist for FIFA, I would say that brown envelopes and corruption was rife…allegedly.
I agree,.and it was a ■■■■ ridiculous venue/time to hold the World Cup,.I reckon about 99 % of football fans would agree with that.

If I had some interest in a sport held in Iraq, I’d be giving it a wide berth due to their ridiculous laws…which I don’t agree with.
.I wouldn’t be going over there carrying a crucifix and a badge saying ‘Jesus rules ok’ with a bikini clad blonde on each arm…As it is against THEIR laws. :bulb:

Happy Trucker1:
All her words not mine .

Your daughter sounds a great lass who speaks a lot of sense.
My daughter who is straight, has a gay male best friend,.who has the same opinions as your lass on all this.

I agree with Robroy on this one. If you go on holiday abroad and start eliminating countries by their political shortcomings you’ll end up going nowhere, including returning to Britain! The politicisation of sport is getting us nowhere. Sport, like everything else recreational, has an ‘off’ button. If you don’t like the place, don’t go there. But don’t go there anyway and then demand a regime change.

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:

Ok so what’s your point?
I ain’t a champion nor an apologist for FIFA, I would say that brown envelopes and corruption was rife…allegedly.
I agree,.and it was a [zb] ridiculous venue/time to hold the World Cup,.I reckon about 99 % of football fans would agree with that.

If I had some interest in a sport held in Iraq, I’d be giving it a wide berth due to their ridiculous laws…which I don’t agree with.
.I wouldn’t be going over there carrying a crucifix and a badge saying ‘Jesus rules ok’ with a bikini clad blonde on each arm…As it is against THEIR laws. :bulb:

FIFA

Chuck Blazer (guilty plea)
Argentina Alejandro Burzaco (guilty plea)
Venezuela Rafael Esquivel (guilty plea)
Brazil José Hawilla (guilty plea)
Honduras Alfredo Hawit (guilty plea)
Brazil José Margulies (guilty plea)
Trinidad and Tobago Daryan Warner (guilty plea)
Trinidad and Tobago Daryll Warner (guilty plea)
Chile Sergio Jadue (guilty plea)
Cayman Islands Jeffrey Webb (guilty plea)
Costa Rica Eduardo Li (guilty plea)
United States Aaron Davidson (guilty plea)
Traffic Sports International Inc
(guilty plea)

The allegations were founded.

But what do you think of an organisation that allows the decisions of bent officials to stand?
They have had years* to do something about this deal, but havent. If youre no apologist for FIFA why arent you saying it is wrong to hold the event in a country where some Footie fans allowed to behave as they always do, but some arent?

*Because of the lack of existing footie history stadiums are being built from scratch in Qatar. It would have been quite possible to host an event in a country, or group of countries with some existing stadiums, and some updates.
Would have saved the thousands of construction workers deaths too.

Les Sylphides:
I agree with Robroy on this one. If you go on holiday abroad and start eliminating countries by their political shortcomings you’ll end up going nowhere, including returning to Britain! The politicisation of sport is getting us nowhere. Sport, like everything else recreational, has an ‘off’ button. If you don’t like the place, don’t go there. But don’t go there anyway and then demand a regime change.

The World Cup is a once in 4 years event. Those who are fans of it, dont get to decide which country they see it in. FIFA has done a great disservice to some of those who ultimately support the game and pay for it. Many clearly dont care about such.
I guess that`s just the sort of gays they are.

Keep politics out of sport has always been my mantra. Play ball!