Ashford truckstop

I’m tipping down that way tomorrow and will be pretty much out of driving hours the time I’m tipped. Does anybody know how much they charge to park here what the food is like etc ?

Thanks

The price on google states £29.50p for any period from 2 to 24hrs,£6.00 meal voucher.
regards dave.

dafdave:
The price on google states £29.50p for any period from 2 to 24hrs,£6.00 meal voucher.
regards dave.

£29.50? :open_mouth: …ffs. I thought only MSA ■■■■ holes charged that sort of price.
Never stopped there.
Worth it or Rip off?

I don’t know been ret 17yrs just going off info on google.I watched a recent video of rockgods showing directions and it was quarter full of WARBERERS,wonder what they pay.
regards dave.

robroy:

dafdave:
regards dave.

£29.50? :open_mouth: …ffs. I thought only MSA [zb] holes charged that sort of price.
Never stopped there.
Worth it or Rip off?

How could 29.50 ever be worth it to park a lorry for a few hours??

Seen a video of a guy driving in to it on youtube, looks like an operating centre for a few well known foreign firms.

A.

There you go have a look at this.

ashfordtruckstop.co.uk/

Personally I would go down to the airport truckstop at Lympne on the old A20

Never overnighted there but have had a few meals and have never been disappointed by them.

Adonis.:

robroy:

dafdave:
regards dave.

£29.50? :open_mouth: …ffs. I thought only MSA [zb] holes charged that sort of price.
Never stopped there.
Worth it or Rip off?

A.

Yeh,.I reckon I’m with you on that one…maybe I should have worded it different. :smiley:

You can park on industrial estate opposite side of roundabout to truckstop

robroy:

Adonis.:

robroy:

dafdave:
regards dave.

Never stopped there.
Worth it or Rip off?

A.

Yeh,.I reckon I’m with you on that one…maybe I should have worded it different. :smiley:

I get what you mean. I don’t mind paying occasionally if it’s worth it. Tebay for example, tenner and that gets you parked, money off your dinner and a bloody good shower.

Would have to be some feast and I’d expect 3 fire breathing hooers to join me in the shower for that kind of money :laughing:

A.

Uncleskid:
You can park on industrial estate opposite side of roundabout to truckstop

Thanks, I’ll give that ago first

The estate across the road is now one of those no hgvs between 8pm til midnight/midnight til 7am zones enforced by the local council

The first time and the last time I stayed there it was full of EU motors I must have been the only Brit in there

lolipop:
The first time and the last time I stayed there it was full of EU motors I must have been the only Brit in there

So ? I’m not looking to go on a date with any drivers just looking for somewhere decent to park for the night.

pierrot 14:

ashfordtruckstop.co.uk/

One of the drivers in the yard recommended this earlier, but he’s not sure if I’ll get in there around 6.

Airport cafe is just round the corner they have truck parking I think it £15 that only parking but the cafe does cheap good quality food I stayed there last night the main fault I would say is the truck park isn’t tarmac it mud and gravel but you won’t get stuck plenty of parking and they take snap if you’re company has it

Last stayed at Ashford over 10years ago. As Rob says, £29.50 does seem a tad steep even for a truck stop with a subsidised meal.

However, I do recall it was very clean and the food menu very wide ranging. I half recall someone saying it was French owned. But will stand being corrected.

The only problem I encountered was one or two of our European cousins would see fit to “chat and party” right beside your truck until all hours.
I found that “an engine start to charge the batteries” was needed. Short and loud…They usually went to bed then!

I used Ashford Truckstop a few times last year, mainly because you can pre-book, so was handy when using the Dover-Calais route as I knew I had somewhere to park when I got back into the UK and short on time and therefore I could avoid stopping near Calais.

I suppose the price is a bit high, but then the company pay as well as for my meals and they had no problems doing so. As for the Truckstop itself, I remember when it open and was all shiny and pristine was pretty good, but time has taken it’s toll, so looks far more run down these days and really needs a bit spent on it.

They’ve removed the fuel pumps and turned it into a Warberers parking lot, but even so they still have so many that some are parked in the truck park, but the times I used it, I only struggled to find a space once.

I stopped there once in 2002 (My last trip in a truck to the UK). Had to wait for Customs clearance (do they still have that there??).

So i told the guy i’d be back in 9 hours. So never did pay as it was free for those who needed the Customs facility.

BradCarTransporter:

pierrot 14:

ashfordtruckstop.co.uk/

One of the drivers in the yard recommended this earlier, but he’s not sure if I’ll get in there around 6.

You’ll be fine at 6, they a sizble parking area across Road now