Asda

Went for a driver selection interview today at Asda. Got there at 8am and left at 12.30pm. Went well and back on Thursday for a 2 hour :cry: driving assessment.

Anyone done a assessment for Asda before?
What can I expect :open_mouth: ?

Never had to do one yet.

Wayne.

just one thing all assessments are more or less the same,but one thing to do is forget everything about what and how other company’s that you have worked for do things.because asda will tell you,you do it the asda way or nothing else.they tend to look after their drivers and there kit.never heard anyone complain about them.good luck m8 :wink:

Is it wincanton, i did one for woolies at Rochdale, drive just like you are on a test, got the job but after he pulled me up and said he would show me how to drive ( 23 years without an accident ) i could not be bothered, good money though

And good luck

Never worked for ASDA but have drove for a few other supermarkets.
Good luck and remember to keep the rev counter in the GREEN.

Good luck Wayne :smiley:

kitkat:
.they tend to look after their drivers and there kit.never heard anyone complain about them.good luck m8 :wink:

Thats what I have heard.

Thanks.

Wayne

Dafman:
Is it wincanton, i did one for woolies at Rochdale, drive just like you are on a test, got the job but after he pulled me up and said he would show me how to drive ( 23 years without an accident ) i could not be bothered, good money though

Its not Wincanton, I think they were calling them selfs SWT doing Asda Chepstow (both sites) and Portbury.

Looking for 60 drivers to work from Chepstow, one of the other candidates said he had heard that Portbury was closing and the work was coming to Chepstow.

Thanks

Wayne

Ive heard that rumour aswell, that portbury is closing and its all going to be done out of chepstow, most of there drivers have applied at sainsburys as far as i know.
I did a bit of agency at portbury, the kit was all newish and well looked after, same as most supermarket work, there wasnt any pressure on, seems like a good one to go for mate, all the best.

hi wayne
mine was only 30 mins
what they will be looking for is a nice steady drive,dont run on the kerbs on corners,keep it in the green and dont charge up behind people. they have scanias down there,start in first(that will get you browny points as will changing up at 1600-1700 revs),then to third then into high box. tell them what they want to here, drive as they want to. if you want any more info let me know jon ps go at 80-85 ks on the motorway :sunglasses:

jon boy 100:
hi wayne
mine was only 30 mins
what they will be looking for is a nice steady drive,dont run on the kerbs on corners,keep it in the green and dont charge up behind people. they have scanias down there,start in first(that will get you browny points as will changing up at 1600-1700 revs),then to third then into high box. tell them what they want to here, drive as they want to. if you want any more info let me know jon ps go at 80-85 ks on the motorway :sunglasses:

Only ever drove 1 Scania and it was a auto box.

Whats the gear configeration on manual Scania’s?

First gear seems low, will the assessment be with an loaded or empty trailer?

2 years of driving and it seems like I have gone back in time now, another bloody test :smiling_imp: .

Never stop learning.

Many more thanks.

Wayne.

hi wayne
the trailer SHOULD be empty
we have both 3 over 3 with a spliter and straight 4 over 4 versions of the scanias
if it is 3 speed it is
"H "
TOP LEFT REV
BOTTOM LEFT 1
TOP RIGHT 2
BOTTOM RIGHT 3
leave the spliter in high 1,3,4,5,6(unless you need it in the top gears)
plus some scannys have a slow range change,if you ■■■■ it up dont panic
just take your time.
if it is a 4 over 4 just do the same except it is a standard “H” patten box.
good luck
jon

Thanks Jon boy.

Is the range change a paddle on the front of the gear stick like DAF CF’s, or a small switch on the right hand side like MAN TGA’s.

Wayne.

Wayne:
Thanks Jon boy.

Is the range change a paddle on the front of the gear stick like DAF CF’s, or a small switch on the right hand side like MAN TGA’s.

Wayne.

it depends on the age of it
just tell the instructer you have not driven scannys,he will show where everything is.don`t be afraid to ask anything your not sure on.
just take it steady no speeding etc
let us know how you get on
jon

Wayne:
Thanks Jon boy.

Wayne.

On a Scania the range switch will be a large switch on the front of the gear stick or a collar around the lower section. The splitter will be a rocker switch on the upper rhs of the the gear gnob.

CM:

Wayne:
Thanks Jon boy.

Wayne.

On a Scania the range switch will be a large switch on the front of the gear stick or a collar around the lower section. The splitter will be a rocker switch on the upper rhs of the the gear gnob.

not if it is a 4 over 4 what would be the spliter is the range change
ours are all different i dont want to confuse him

just ask wayne he will explain
we have 3 different sorts of box.
jon
ps he should tell weather you have got the job and when you start on your return.make sure you bring your licence with you

jon boy 100:

CM:

Wayne:
Thanks Jon boy.

Wayne.

not if it is a 4 over 4 what would be the spliter is the range change
ours are all different i dont want to confuse him

just ask wayne he will explain
we have 3 different sorts of box.
jon
ps he should tell weather you have got the job and when you start on your return.make sure you bring your licence with you

Quite right sorry, referring to the 3 over 3 fitted to our 124/420’s, didn’t say did I :blush: :unamused:

Thanks again. Its the sort of job I have been aiming for since passing my test 2 years ago.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Wayne.

If Portbury is shutting,has Chepstow had a chiller/freezer area built then,has far as i know Chepstow has’nt got one-or has it?

jase:
If Portbury is shutting,has Chepstow had a chiller/freezer area built then,has far as i know Chepstow has’nt got one-or has it?

Don’t know for sure but there are plenty of reefers in thier yard. I have only ever tipped at the one Chepstow site. The other may have a freezer.

Wayne.