Asda

Hi all I’ve been thinking recently of coming off self employment and to try and get a full time job with a regular income

Does anyone know the pay rates lgv 1 at asda normanton on nights and also what’s asda like to work for,I hate jobs where I’m waiting 2 hours for a run and have heard this is to be expected with supermarket work

Afew other drivers have mentioned that morrisons is probably best to work for over the others

Cheers in advance guys

Deano

Worked for both for contractors and if you don’t like waiting then supermarket work might not be for you. I’ve sat in Morrisons waiting room at 41 for a couple of hours loads of times.

You might have to sit around on Supermarket work, but that is not your problem it’s theirs :smiley:

Doing agency for supermarkets I have sat, paid for eight hours and not even picked up a set of keys other than mine to drive home. Another one is the Christmas rush. Sitting 4th in the queue at a store is not a problem as the back door staff will bang on your door when they are ready. On general the boss would be going mad, but on supermarkets as I say it’s their problem !

If you don’t like waiting around then go for the chilled side, there can still be some hanging around but it always seems to be better planned.

i would be surprised if any supermarket set on nowadays, asda normanton is juice personnel… be very aware!!! and doncaster is driversplus, i think morrisons is adr network.

Not being rude but you may be being a little presumptuous. Morrisons and any other good job have trusted agency staff working with them for quite a while, who are waiting for an opening full time. When a job comes up, usually through death or retirement, one of these guys will get offered it. Ive been working at Morrisons sporadically for 2 years now and Im not aware of any new starters.
Someone ringing up out of the blue and getting a start would be better advised sticking a load on the lottery.

Morrisons are deffo the best IMO. As a company they are light years ahead of Asda.
Dont believe me....have a look at ANY back door of ANY store and compare Morrisons tidy yards with no litter and plenty of turning around space with Asdas which looks like a landfill site with pallets laid everywhere and cardboard and litter strewn all over and nowwhere to turn round. Its just a sign of a well run outfit.

Asda was ok but the any 5 from 7 killed it for me

The only way into any Supermarket driving job is through an agency - and, as has been said, you could grow old waiting for that to happen.

jessicas dad:
i would be surprised if any supermarket set on nowadays, asda normanton is juice personnel… be very aware!!! and doncaster is driversplus, i think morrisons is adr network.

The only way you’ll get into Asda through Juice is if you are an ex Asda driver - it’s the Asda way :wink: Make 30 drivers redundant and then re-use them via the agency - blue eyes and a brown nose are requisite. Drivers Direct will get you into Normanton but only on a guarantee of 6hrs.

As the ambient side at Normanton is like a ghost town compared to a couple of years ago and Asda haven’t yet decided what to do with the chill side when Rochdale opens I would be giving Asda at Normanton a wide swerve for now.

Stan

Some of asda’s back yards are very very tight to manoeuvre in, the worst I have seen out of the supermarkets I reckon.

skids:
Some of asda’s back yards are very very tight to manoeuvre in, the worst I have seen out of the supermarkets I reckon.

Supermarket jobs should be given to newbie drivers I reckon, sharpen up the old reversing skills :smiley:

Pimpdaddy:

skids:

Supermarket jobs should be given to newbie drivers I reckon, sharpen up the old reversing skills :smiley:

Also the going forward skils when it comes to some of there yards! Quite a few require a very tight spin around then straighten up to reverse onto the scissor lift.
A mate of mine does store deliveries for Morrisons gadbrook and reckons they are all a doddle, driver does not tip, sometimes a straight trailer swap with stacks of room in all of the yards!

@ cheekymonkey

Don’t get me started. Having worked for Dairy Crest and delivered to all the big supermarkets, I could name several Morrisons yards that are left in ■■■■■ order by the brainless pillocks who run some of their back doors.